Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
How do I know if it's the meds or hormones

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:28 am
My son is 12 with ADHD.
We have tried a few different meds because he is very skinny and recently went to the doctor and was weighed and he lost weight.
The doctor put him on Adderall first but it didn't do anything for him.
Then he was taking Focalin but he was acting out at recess now he is on Vyvanse.
He is still acting out and fighting at recess. I really don't know what goes on I can't get a straight answer from the principal because he has a dislike for my son and wants him thrown out of the school or if he stays he wants my son to have a shadow for recess.
My son was never agressive until he started meds which coincides with his growth spurt and maturing.
He has lots of friends out of school and never had an issue when at someone's house.
How do I know if it's his personality now or the meds taking over?

behappy2

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 9:31 am
What does the psychiatrist say?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 10:00 am
behappy2 wrote:
What does the psychiatrist say?

My sons pediatrician initially was prescribing meds because we were in between insurances but now he has a psychiatrist who saw him once over zoom and I was so not impressed because he was fiddling with his computer more than talking to me and my son. He prescribed the last meds and I have an appointment in 2 months with him to discuss how it is going.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)