Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
About to sign but my heart isn’t in it
Previous  1  2

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 4:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is exactly what I’m asking myself. How do I figure out the difference??

Pray about it. Ask Hashem for clarity.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 5:02 am
Bought my home three years ago. Good location but smaller and less nice condition. One the day of signing I felt like I was going to be ill. I had this terrible feeling about it, but my husband really wanted this one. When we moved in I was so disappointed. It was full of dust, I was just unhappy. But honestly, though I still wish it was bigger and nicer condition, it has really really grown on me. Every little thing I add or change makes a difference and makes it more of mine. And now that the value has gone up literally hundreds of thousands of dollars I thank my lucky stars that I snatched it when I did, imperfections and all.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 5:16 am
Why put extra pressure on yourselves to afford more, and maybe better?
Won't you be delighted to own a house?
So much better than renting.

I think you might regret not going for this house if you decide not to. But if you won't feel upset then I don't know.... Its a hard one for you. But this dream house of yours might not be realistic and it might never happen.
Good luck!

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 5:36 am
Definitely look into the immediate neighbors because that can make a huge difference

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 5:58 am
Hatzlacha! I'm in a similar situation. I don't know if we'll be able to make it our dream house but for various reasons we don't have a choice. I hope your home is a happy one, a bayis neeman, where good things happen.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 7:23 am
When buying a house you're going to end up compromising somewhere. You usually can't get price, location and size/condition. I think different people feel differently about which they prioritize. We didn't have unlimited funds so we were stuck in our budget. We knew we needed it to be above a certain size with the amount of kids we had. Location wasn't as important for us. My sister is very sociable and she wanted to be near her friends, near her kids friends and she was prepared to pay a lot more money to get a house that was in the right location. But her house is smaller than mine, and I personally think I did better, but she thinks the same about her house.
Remember most houses cosmetically can be changed and it's amazing what a fresh coat of paint, new flooring, lighting and doors can do to a house.
You can keep looking at your dream house, but there will always be a better house, because that's life. At some point to have to be able to say that's enough and this house meets our needs.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating