Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Changing family planning based on inflation

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:09 am
Life is no longer affordable and the children I so badly wanted to have are on hold due to rising costs.
I dont know if its responsible to grow a family if were currently struggling!
My head is spinning with the tuition costs going up at a insane rate. So far my daughters high school jumped $300 month and my daughters elementary jumped $260 month. My boys school will hear from any day. Our salary hardly increased and with all other costs increasing this is getting real scary for us.
We sat down with one school that agreed to take off $50 but pretty much they play the shpeil of struggling as well.
Im confused, I thought agudah stepped up to raise millions to increase teachers salaries so why are they putting it all on the parents.
All the school owners I know are living a very wealthy lifestyle and I know several of them very well, did it become a booming business with no heart?
Why is everyone so quiet about this? Im literally losing sleep and we cannot kill ourselves to bring in more income at this point.
I must add that we never received a penny from parents or in laws, were doing this alone and are literally collapsing from pressure

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 2:55 pm
I will not change family planning based on inflation. Until said child is old enough to need tuition there is a few years and Hashem can turn everything around by then.

But I 100% agree.

The schools are struggling, they don't have enough money to pay salaries, they have bills, they can't increase class sizes because kids will suffer and parents will complain, etc.

And parents are struggling, because they don't have enough money to pay expenses, they have bills, they can't downsize or take another job because kids will suffer and complain, etc.

We are all in the same boat!

But somehow, it is all the parents' fault.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 3:02 pm
I'm on extended BC. We cannot afford a baby at the moment.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 4:59 pm
I was hoping im not alone in this and that we can put our heads together and come up with a plan.
There needs to be some control on the increases, we cant just be increased insane amounts. Also am I wrong or did aguda not fund raise millions to raise the teachers?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was hoping im not alone in this and that we can put our heads together and come up with a plan.
There needs to be some control on the increases, we cant just be increased insane amounts. Also am I wrong or did aguda not fund raise millions to raise the teachers?

They did raise funds and said after 2 years its on the school to keep up with the increased salary. So expect your tuition to get higher.

mom of three bh

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 8:10 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....t=85s beautiful from lubavitch rebbe, a must watch it gave me alot of perspective regarding financial reasons and family planning. worth it to watch!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 8:28 pm
I would homeschool before letting tuition get in the way of how many kids I want. And that's said as a mom of boys.
Short term Problem, bc is a long term solution.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 8:39 pm
For me it’s about the stress. We used to be able to afford full time help post baby for a good time while and now we can’t. I don’t think I would cope well and that’s just one example.

That being said we are ttc now but I keep panicking…

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 9:57 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
For me it’s about the stress. We used to be able to afford full time help post baby for a good time while and now we can’t. I don’t think I would cope well and that’s just one example.

That being said we are ttc now but I keep panicking…

Thats my point, if people are panicking then something must be done here. My once happy dh is walking around depressed because the burden is too much for him to shoulder and im a mess watching him be this way.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 11:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thats my point, if people are panicking then something must be done here. My once happy dh is walking around depressed because the burden is too much for him to shoulder and im a mess watching him be this way.

Right. But I think framing it for yourself as “I’m not ttc because of money” makes it sounds shallow or against Halacha or something. Vs “I can’t ttc because our lives are really stressful, we aren’t managing well”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics