Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please tell me I don't even know what (pro vaccine only)
Previous  1  2

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:27 pm
My kids often get fever 36 hours or so after a vaccine, not always within 24 hours

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:28 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
From talking to my doctor it’s more that he doesn’t trust the mother to come back and he sees the risk of having the child unvaccinated outweighing the risk of giving the vaccine when there’s a mild cold. But if I assure him I’ll come back he’s fine pushing it off. I think it’s a matter of getting to know your pediatrician and their thought process.

I hear what you're saying. I wouldn't have gone back next week. I would've gone back in 2 months. But who says that's a problem... I'll definitely be more assertive next time.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:39 pm
Did your doctor tell you when to expect a reaction? I seem to remember with my daughter that they told me up to a week and a half was normal, and she got a fever something like four days after MMR.

And the doctor I took my kids to at that age is conservative about these things and won’t vaccinate if they’re not perfectly healthy (like, I once had to wait three weeks after she finished an antibiotic course), but conventional wisdom says it’s fine as long as they don’t have a fever.

But if you’d take to a doctor for fever without the shot, then take them anyway.

Refuah shleima!

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:40 pm
Fever for an MMR (and varicella) vaccine generally comes out 7-10 days later.
Other vaccines are 24-48 hours later.

I would assume it's normal vaccine reaction at this point and if it persists more than 48 hours I would recheck the child.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:45 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
Fever for an MMR (and varicella) vaccine generally comes out 7-10 days later.
Other vaccines are 24-48 hours later.

I would assume it's normal vaccine reaction at this point and if it persists more than 48 hours I would recheck the child.

I was told within 24 hrs and then again a week later. But it's like 30 hours later. Thats why between the 30 hours and the 18.3 white count I became nervous.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:58 pm
A delayed fever is standard for the MMR. And my pediatrician always does cbcs at well visits.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 7:00 pm
How old is your baby. They routinely do a CBC and check for lead around the 1 yr visit. The Cbc was probably not to check if vaccine was ok. I have been sent to the ER with baby and WBC of 17. The hospital staff said my pediatrician is overly cautious and no reason to send for further testing under 20.
But as a mom- always trust your gut and don't feel bad to challenge a dr or refuse a vaccine at a specific time. As other posters said, they push you cuz they don't trust you to come back. If you take your baby to be seen regularly you can always get the shot at the next visit. Nothing will happen if his shots are "off schedule"

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 7:07 pm
OP next time listen to your gut.

For now, please support your baby’s immune and detox systems. Don’t give Tylenol. It can make things worse because it depletes glutathione, which is vital for detoxing. Find a way to give your baby some glutathione. Put some epsom salt in her bath, this will open her detox pathways. Buy some Fiji water and use that water as whatever she drinks, the silica will help mop up the aluminum. Ledum palustre homeopathic is good for vaccine reactions.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 7:10 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
I know this is off topic but my kids have never gotten a cbc done as part of their well visit. Or at all.
I do know that low fever is normal after a vaccine.

This

If your child was not presenting as Ill I don’t think the doctor did anything wrong. Fever is normal after vaccines.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Tue, Jul 26 2022, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 7:10 pm
If a child isn’t well, my pediatrician will not give a shot. Instead we make up to return a week later (or 48 hours after concluding antibiotics) without an appointment. I call first to make sure it’s not super busy. They will take the temperature and if the child is ok they will give the vaccine without having to wait in the waiting room.

One of my kids at every well visit would suddenly develop a fever over 101. I would always check them an hour before and they were fine. That’s when the Dr told me we’ll do everything else for the well and you’ll come back.

esther11

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 7:14 pm
Just chiming in, my kids often have a mild reaction to the mmr vaccine. Fever and sometimes a rash a couple days later (my child that had this was not uncomfortable at all but I got really worried! She got the mmr early because of the measles outbreak, so she was under 1 and had a rash over her entire torso!).

Definitely trust yourself in the future, but I don’t think you need to be worried now. It is very typical for the mmr.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 4:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was told within 24 hrs and then again a week later. But it's like 30 hours later. Thats why between the 30 hours and the 18.3 white count I became nervous.

There is no blanket rule to how an immune system will react (vaccines aside).
24hrs doesnt mean that a minute past is a problem. 30 hours is still in range.
Sounds like anxiety speaking tbh (I hope this wont be taken wrong - this is my objective opinion)

Re vaccines - if you are pro and trust your dr, iyh you will be able to calm down about it soon. If you are pro and unable to trust dr anymore, find a new one.
Know that in general, most people who dont vax, used to give. Until certain things didnt add up etc. Not doing what dr says is going against the system so find someone you trust and go with what they say.
Good Luck

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 4:11 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
OP next time listen to your gut.

For now, please support your baby’s immune and detox systems. Don’t give Tylenol. It can make things worse because it depletes glutathione, which is vital for detoxing. Find a way to give your baby some glutathione. Put some epsom salt in her bath, this will open her detox pathways. Buy some Fiji water and use that water as whatever she drinks, the silica will help mop up the aluminum. Ledum palustre homeopathic is good for vaccine reactions.

on point. do this.
Thuja 30c can be good too.

imaima

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 5:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What are you nervous of now when the deed is done and she had her vaxx? Trying to figure it out.

I have never has a doctor do a blood test before a vaccination. If the child looks healthy, he vaxxes.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 5:19 am
Your way overreacting. A fever after a vaccine is completely normal. Babies get fever all the time, it could be something as simple as teething . Even if your kid had a mild virus it’s not going to cause any significant issue to have gotten vaccinated. If this kind of incident is enough to make you lose your trust in your pediatrician I would question if you have any kind of medical trauma that you can benefit from going through with a therapist or anxiety help.

hiitsme

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 5:27 am
My dr told me a fever is normal till about 2 or 3 days after the vaccine. Also for some reason when you give mmr with another vaccine, reaction is usually stronger.
The main reason why a dr wouldn't give a vaccine to an ill child is because if it gets a high fever after you won't really know if it's bc of the illness or the shots. (as per my dr)

farm

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 12:59 pm
How did you have the CBC results back the same day as the appointment for the vaccine? Normal turnaround time for routine labs from a doctor appointment is minimum next day, if that soon.

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 1:08 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Your way overreacting. A fever after a vaccine is completely normal. Babies get fever all the time, it could be something as simple as teething . Even if your kid had a mild virus it’s not going to cause any significant issue to have gotten vaccinated. If this kind of incident is enough to make you lose your trust in your pediatrician I would question if you have any kind of medical trauma that you can benefit from going through with a therapist or anxiety help.

It is a fact that any illness can make it harder for the body to deal with the blow to the system that a vaccine is, and therefore many (of the rare) serious vaccine side effects are correlated with vaccinating when the child is already somewhat ill and the immune system is already working hard.

Considering that a vaccine is intended to prevent serious illness, I would therefore try to make sure that any risks are lowered as much as possible.

That being said, I highly doubt that the fever is any indication that OP's child is having an unusual vaccine reaction and it's probably benign.

In the future, though, it's probably not worth the (tiny) risk to have a vaccine given a week earlier.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 2:41 pm
farm wrote:
How did you have the CBC results back the same day as the appointment for the vaccine? Normal turnaround time for routine labs from a doctor appointment is minimum next day, if that soon.

They do the finger prick cbc. Results within 2 min.
I think the fever is unrelated to the shots. Dc came down with a terrible runny nose. I think an ear infection too. Popping with at least 2 eye teeth. I'll wait to see how the rest of the day goes. Might just make a trip to the dr tomorrow or later today.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics