Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Chabad in interesting cities not far from NYC

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 12:42 pm
Hi. I'm looking to get away for a weekend and would love to go somewhere beautiful or interesting or both Smile

Philadelphia was a great option several weeks ago. We were able to walk around on Shabbos and explore the city. The Chabad rabbis there were amazing and the community was wonderful!

Any suggestions for something similar at a similar distance from NYC? We would love a place that's historic or scenic, and walkable on Shabbos.

We would like a minyan and would prefer at least one communal meal.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 12:52 pm
Saratoga springs

Montreal

Been to both. Loved our experiences

doctorima

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 1:34 pm
Shabbos can be hard, because shuls are generally in residential areas that aren't interesting to tourists and aren't walkable to the downtown areas. Saratoga Springs and Burlington VT are both great options. I don't know what the current status of communal meals is. You could also look into Boston to see if the Chabad at Boston U has anything available. I also highly recommend Edinburgh if you're ever in the part of the world - possibly our best Shabbos walk ever!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 1:50 pm
Thanks for the replies!

We will be traveling Friday from NYC, so Niagara, Saratoga, and even Boston are a bit risky (Google estimates 4-6 hours Friday afternoon to Boston!)

Is there anything interesting within a 2 hour radius from NYC?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 1:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

We will be traveling Friday from NYC, so Niagara, Saratoga, and even Boston are a bit risky (Google estimates 4-6 hours Friday afternoon to Boston!)

Is there anything interesting within a 2 hour radius from NYC?

Are you traveling Friday morning ? If so either Boston or Saratoga will be more than fine! I’ve done both on Friday morning. If you’re working half a day then I agree
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics