Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you work: when do you use bathroom?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 7:49 am
zaq wrote:
Shy-bladder syndrome and shy-bowel syndrome are bona-fide conditions with psychological causes. They are a form of social anxiety disorder or phobia and can eventually affect your life in a way similar to agoraphobia, If you suffer from either or both of these conditions, there are therapies that can help.

I guess I agree with you.

We are all normal and we all use the toilet. That being said are you at ease using a toilet in a cubicle that is side by side with another toilet and separated by a thin wall that doesn't reach the floor?

Is feeling uncomfortable in that scenario considered shy-bladder/bowel syndrome? Cause if it is, I think we all got it.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 7:50 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I was always taught to clean the inside to get rid of any blood that may be "hiding" in the folds, etc.

Um if you are cleaning the inside and it stains your wipe, isn't that considered another hefsek and a huge problem???

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 7:52 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Sooooooo
There exists a reflex called the gastro-colic reflex: when food hits your stomach, it triggers a reflex in your colon and you will feel the urge to have a bowel movement.

My strategies to overcome the poo-shyness are the following:

Flush to cover up noises.
Flush as you poo to keep the smells at bay.
Bring a palm-sized air freshener with you when you go to the bathroom for a spritz right before you exit.

For me that means the whole office hears the continuous flushing and wonders what's going on.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 2:05 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Thank you for starting this post! I’m so jealous of people who can “schedule” their bowel movements or just go whenever. Since I was a child, I have had issues because of my “shy” bowel that refused to allow me to use the bathroom anywhere but home—I would literally go two weeks straight without having a bm when I went to sleep away camp, and then spent Visiting Day in the bathroom. I’m in my 30s now and things have not improved. I’m a teacher and I only have a few minutes between periods. I simply cannot relax enough. I’m perpetually constipated and when I finally do use the bathroom, it’s an ordeal—we’ll leave it at that.

I feel for you!! it's really hard!
I think when I was school age I was heavier because I didn't have a chance to have bm. Now that I have become regular in the past few years bec. I was home I have been able to keep at a lower weight. What I'm trying now is to wake up a little earlier and try to have a few minutes before I leave - it's really hard.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 2:06 am
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
OP I have that sensitive digestive system too and need to be relaxed. It became very bad so now upon my nutritionist direction I eat 2 tbsp chia seeds over yogurt and it's very gentle and I manage to go even if I'm at work.

Maybe I'll try that!

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 2:35 am
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
Notice we are all talking abt #2

I've been needing to go #2 alot more when pregnant also

Btw when toilet training toddlers I've learnt that there are 2 options or that they need to try out all toilets wherever you may go or that they only will use the toilet at home

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:21 pm
Bring a book of matches rather than an air "freshener" spray. Briefly burning a match will combat telltale odors without making the next customer break out in hives.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics