Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Hammock always wet- what am I doing wrong

lk1234

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 7:23 am
If you have a fabric hammock - how do you keep it dry. Every single time I want to use it its wet and then turns moldy. Help!

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 10:04 am
If it remains outdoors, it will get wet from dew every morning, and of course it will get soaked when it rains. Anything that gets wet that often will mildew unless strict preventive measures are taken. If it stays in the shade, it stays wet longer. Thicker fabric stays wet longer, and still thicker portions like built-in pillows stay wet forever. If you don't want to bring your hammock indoors every evening, at least put it in direct sunlight so it can dry faster. Sunlight will also help to kill mold. As a last resort, put a blow-dryer on a long extension cord and dry the hammock manually. Or chuck the whole mess and buy a plastic hammock that can be wiped off with a towel.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 10:32 am
My neighbor has a hammock in front of the house. They take it in every night. It gets wet from dew in the morning. You can either keep it in a very sunny spot or take it in at night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars