Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Extra food boxes

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:45 pm
any place have extra boxes this week that one can come get even if they already got elswhere?
Sometimes there's a surplus and I would love to tap into that

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:16 pm
Almost any place that’s still posting about boxes more than 30min after starting are just begging anyone to come take. Allegedly 400 boxes got thrown out from TCS last night.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:36 pm
please post if you know somewhere specific! I'd happily go take extras!

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:41 pm
I have links for lunch box chat and extra foods chats but I don't feel comfortable posting it on imamother. Are you on Lakewood Facebook grp?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:47 pm
k I totally understand
not on facebook but thanks anyway

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:50 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
I have links for lunch box chat and extra foods chats but I don't feel comfortable posting it on imamother. Are you on Lakewood Facebook grp?

What Facebook group are you referring to? I’d want to join.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 7:06 pm
Just heard right now at 300 Cross

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 7:32 pm
Ridgeway fire station in manchester has extra they are asking people to just come and take

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 7:36 pm
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:

thank you!
these are extra?

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:33 pm
Almost any place that’s still posting about boxes more than 30min after starting are just begging anyone to come take. Allegedly 400 boxes got thrown out from TCS last night.

400? that's insane? I sure hope they weren't thrown out! I got from there and most of the food (aside for 3 of the items can last indoors without fridge for more than just one night....

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:42 pm
please post tomorrow if there are extras at any site
thank you

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:51 pm

Does any place give boxes on Friday?

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Does any place give boxes on Friday?

Beis Sheindel has aisle 9 boxes from 1:30-3:30

benny

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 9:42 am
I don’t understand why the food isn’t being given to organizations like tomchei shabbos or others that help ppl. There are many ppl who can’t put food on the table and food is getting dumped??? I wish something could be set up to make this work. I get it it’s probably an interesting set of circumstances and takes manpower… at the very least it would be great if ppl could sign up to get a text when a place has extras to dump. I would totally take extra boxes but not taking more than I’m allowed.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 12:27 pm
benny wrote:
I don’t understand why the food isn’t being given to organizations like tomchei shabbos or others that help ppl. There are many ppl who can’t put food on the table and food is getting dumped??? I wish something could be set up to make this work. I get it it’s probably an interesting set of circumstances and takes manpower… at the very least it would be great if ppl could sign up to get a text when a place has extras to dump. I would totally take extra boxes but not taking more than I’m allowed.

likewise which is why I started this thread!
I would be very grateful for extra boxes but don't want to take more than I'm entitled to
If anyone hears that Bais Shaindel (or anywhere else) has a surplus and anyone can take please post so those of us that can make use of it can take advantage

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 1:18 pm
I don’t qualify at all.. but life is so expensive especially when dealing with infertility treatments. Is there any point I am allowed to go take an extra box?

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 1:29 pm
I’m linking one of the WhatsApp chats about where boxes are being given out. Usually has people posting when they’re giving out to anyone. Also has some people just giving out extras from their own boxes

https://chat.whatsapp.com/DQmU.....AcEzW

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 1:30 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
I don’t qualify at all.. but life is so expensive especially when dealing with infertility treatments. Is there any point I am allowed to go take an extra box?

My understanding is that if and when it is posted that the boxes are extra and anyone can take as many as they want it's open to anyone and everyone
fyi - doesn't happen at each school but just sometimes when they anticipate a larger turnout than actually comes and they can't seem to use up all boxes

(This is my understanding so if anyone has info otherwise please feel free to correct me)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries