Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Do you wash every single clothing coming back from camp?
Previous  1  2

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:43 pm
I don’t send anything that can’t be washed normally or even if I usually wash it cold, then I don’t mind if it’ll get ruined (like growing out of it or stretched etc).

So yes everything gets stuffed into the machine. I even empty the packing cubes with whatever hasn’t been worn or has been washed in camp and not worn again. I usually have 2-3 loads and then I pull out anything that can’t go in the dryer and dry the rest.

I want the stuff to be “me” clean and also to smell nice.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:56 pm
sunspot wrote:
I usually take everything out of the duffles by the door, put into garbage bag and go to straight to the laundromat so I can do all the laundry at one time and be done with it!

Are you feverfews mother?

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 2:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dad wants me to wash everything since there were bugs in camp. Do you wash everything even the fancy Shabbos dresses that need hand wash?

My kids go to camps that are probably much shorter in duration that US camps, and yes, I wash every single thing, including the bags.

I don't send anybody to camp with "fancy" Shabbat clothes that must be hand-washed.

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 8:31 am
I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't wash everything. DS came home with a bag of laundry that I washed and the rest was clean in the duffel bag and smalls fine so I didn't wash it.

BrachaBatya

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 1:05 pm
Everything! It somehow comes home with that eau du camp!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 1:14 pm
Yep.

I load all the laundry into the car and drive down to the local laundromat. I just find it much easier - they have these super large machines, and everything gets washed. Then I sort between that which will hang to dry and that which will go in the dryer, and we bring everything home (I hang alot of stuff, so the dryer loads are usually not so much.)

This way I get it all done in one go rather than fall behind in laundry.....

amother
Starflower

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 1:31 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't wash everything. DS came home with a bag of laundry that I washed and the rest was clean in the duffel bag and smalls fine so I didn't wash it.

I also don't wash everything. But often they end up packing their laundry bag inside the same duffel as their clean clothing so it all smells. But if they don't and it stays clean, that's good enough for me.

(Anonymous to protect my future shidduchim.)

pinkpeonies

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 2:38 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Are you feverfews mother?

lol my mother did the same! Everything that comes home from camp is disgusting. And shabbos clothes can just be sent to the dry cleaner

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 10:21 pm
I'm not at at stage yet but absolutely Everything gets washed (or sent to the cleaners ) after camp- I remember what my mom did and also just how things are kept in camp.
Major yuck 🤢 not to wash everything!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps