Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Photographer pay in full by event???

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:15 pm
Do all photographers (tristate area) require payment in full the day of an event?
I'm asking because we made a simcha recently and when we spoke to the photographer before about payment, he said that it needs to be paid in full the night of the simcha. My husband asked about paying partial amount the night of the event and the rest when we get the pictures. The photographer said no, this is how it works. .. fast forward and we are still waiting for our pictures. It's now three weeks after the time frame he said.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:16 pm
The one photographer that asked for full payment by the simcha, we had to run after for the pictures. Since then, we've only used photographer that we had to pay the rest of the balance when we got the pictures.

amother
Brickred

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:17 pm
Yes this is the industry standard.

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:26 pm
I just made a party last week. I also paid in full at the event, but it's someone I know who we've used plenty of times and I have scheduled for 2 more parties in the the next few months.

Its too late now, but for the future the right thing to do is have a written contract as to what/when you're entitled to for the amount paid. And not just for photography.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:38 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
Yes this is the industry standard.

Thanks,just don't understand it!!! What's motivating him to finish editing our pics if he already got all his Money?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:40 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I just made a party last week. I also paid in full at the event, but it's someone I know who we've used plenty of times and I have scheduled for 2 more parties in the the next few months.

Its too late now, but for the future the right thing to do is have a written contract as to what/when you're entitled to for the amount paid. And not just for photography.

Yes, definitely learned our lesson. This photographer came highly recommended and there was a contract, but it didn't mention this part and we are new to this. At this point, on the one hand I want my pictures asap, but in the other hand I don't want to pressure him and get pictures not fully edited etc...

amother
Brickred

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks,just don't understand it!!! What's motivating him to finish editing our pics if he already got all his Money?

It’s the same as anything else. What motivates a company to ship your item once you pay in full? If you are not a crook then you give everyone the pictures they paid for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics