Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Fast this year

shev143

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 2:21 am
I don't want to fast 9av this year. It's a nidcheh and I'm still nursing my almost 2 year old. It will be so difficult to watch him and fast.
Is there a heter because it's pushed off?
Anyone know a rabbi I can ask

Hidden

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 2:30 am
It's definitely not as strict as other years since it's a nidche... but it's still tisha b'av.

Call you Rav and hear what he has to say.

synthy

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 2:30 am
Ask your rav. A nidcha is easier for pregnant or nursing women, but I don't know if its any different if the baby is older.

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 3:11 am
I got a heter from a notable big Rav because I’m nursing and it being a nidcheh. He said I should do shiurim if I could. I’ve done shiurim before and it definitely isn’t easy when nursing. I still ended up with a headache etc.

Your child being a toddler might make a difference though shaila wise. Ask your Rav.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 3:17 am
TravelHearter wrote:
I got a heter from a notable big Rav because I’m nursing and it being a nidcheh. He said I should do shiurim if I could. I’ve done shiurim before and it definitely isn’t easy when nursing. I still ended up with a headache etc.

Your child being a toddler might make a difference though shaila wise. Ask your Rav.
Shiurim for 9 av? I learned shiurim is for YK and that if you have to break your fast on 9 av, you break your fast.

salt

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 4:42 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Shiurim for 9 av? I learned shiurim is for YK and that if you have to break your fast on 9 av, you break your fast.

Yes that's what I think. Shiurim is to shift the eating from mideorayta to miderabban - that only applies to YK.
9 Av is already midrabanan.

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 4:57 am
I’m also nursing an almost 2 year old and don’t fast well and was told to fast at night and then make havdalah and eat during the day.

TravelHearter

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 8:19 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I was told to do it if I could

SYA

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 8:29 am
I was 2 weeks post partum one nidcha 9 Av and my Rov said not to fast.

Another time when there was a nidcha I had severe morning sickness. My Rov had said to drink a specific shiur every 6 minutes. If you start to feel sick or weak then eat and drink.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions