Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel or tichel?

JessaRen

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:40 pm
Shalom,

Currently, I wear hat-like headcoverings (bonnet-like stretchy caps with lace attached). I love tichels but I have chronic migraine so it's difficult to wear the really ornate lovely ones.

I've never tried a sheitel because I'm worried that it'll look too realistic (is that a problem?) but I do want to try one that follows halacha.

What do you all think? I need something light on my head. Are there light ways to wrap a tichel or light sheitels?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:42 pm
There are very light ways to tie mitpachot, the ones that have nothing on them, just plain squares. I get migraines as well, and only cover with mitpachot. Never owned a wig in my life.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:50 pm
JessaRen wrote:
Shalom,

Currently, I wear hat-like headcoverings (bonnet-like stretchy caps with lace attached). I love tichels but I have chronic migraine so it's difficult to wear the really ornate lovely ones.

I've never tried a sheitel because I'm worried that it'll look too realistic (is that a problem?) but I do want to try one that follows halacha.

What do you all think? I need something light on my head. Are there light ways to wrap a tichel or light sheitels?

Have you tried pretier tichels? They are light and comfy.

Regarding sheitels, you should probably ask your Rav. You will get a wide variety of answers here. Also, sheitels might be less comfortable for you if you get migraines.

Aurora

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:52 pm
I also avoid very ornate tichel styles because of migraines. I do like them.

Right now I mostly just wear little hats because I get up really early for work, and hats are quicker.

I do have sheitels, but usually don't get around to them.

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
Have you tried pretier tichels? They are light and comfy.

Regarding sheitels, you should probably ask your Rav. You will get a wide variety of answers here. Also, sheitels might be less comfortable for you if you get migraines.

Try the pretieds. Some people who get migraines can't deal with the elastic. For the simple tichels, if you buy a really pretty one, it's ok if it's tied simply, and you can do a loose knot.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:57 pm
JessaRen wrote:
Shalom,

Can you share a link to what you're currently wearing? I'm always looking for new lightweight options as well.

JessaRen

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 2:17 pm
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
Can you share a link to what you're currently wearing? I'm always looking for new lightweight options as well.

My sister gave me something like this but not exactly. Mine is solid navy blue with a blue lace.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1.....w_wcB

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 2:32 pm
I love Scarfbar’s pretied scarf selection. They come with a sewn in velvet band for grip. They’re effortless to put on, and are really comfortable and pretty.

https://scarfbarshop.com/

JessaRen

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 1:00 pm
amother [ Gardenia ] wrote:
I love 0Scarfbar’s pretied scarf selection. They come with a sewn in velvet band for grip. They’re effortless to put on, and are really comfortable and pretty.

https://scarfbarshop.com/

Scarfbar looks promising but a little expensive. I do like the grips though. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels