Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Can’t buy food gas tuition Lakewood
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 3:05 pm
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
Do you think Republicans will give you food boxes and more snap money?

The economy would be better and people wouldn’t need food boxes. But this is probably veering into politics and it wouldn’t be fair to OP to have the thread locked. Mods, feel free to remove my comment if not appropriate in this forum.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 3:10 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
What’s not legal? Who checks these forms that people fill out to get boxes?

Here we go again...do people actually define legal as likelihood of getting caught?

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 3:38 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
What’s not legal? Who checks these forms that people fill out to get boxes?
Yikes. You are risking the programs. Do you want them to be required to check if people are taking more than they are allowed to get?

There are so many other ideas in this thread that don’t involve theft.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 4:30 pm
I am in the same boat
no money just made a wedding recently bh for wedding funds/organizations or we wouldn't have been able to make a wedding
son is wearing shirts that are to small and are black not white anymore and
pants with holes in them and every other day at the tailor to sew the crotch because keeps on ripping. I sent my kids to daycamp even though I can't afford it put it on credit card camp only gave a few hundred discount couldn't keep them home or else I would have, one has issues and would make big trouble if not occupied the other 2 would be home watching all day and fighting as I don't drive and would not be able to take them anywhere. everything in my house is broken and have no money to fix it oven is broken can't even make supper, for shabbos I have to ask my neighbors to use theirs so embarrassing . dh is going through a hard time and have to deal with that on top of everything my 10 year needs a root canal and can't afford it. when it rains it pours

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 5:35 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I am in the same boat
no money just made a wedding recently bh for wedding funds/organizations or we wouldn't have been able to make a wedding
pants with holes in them and every other day at the tailor to sew the crotch because keeps on ripping. I sent my kids to daycamp even though I can't afford it put it on credit card camp only gave a few hundred discount couldn't keep them home or else I would have, one has issues and would make big trouble if not occupied the other 2 would be home watching all day and fighting as I don't drive and would not be able to take them anywhere. everything in my house is broken and have no money to fix it oven is broken can't even make supper, for shabbos I have to ask my neighbors to use theirs so embarrassing . dh is going through a hard time and have to deal with that on top of everything my 10 year needs a root canal and can't afford it. when it rains it pours

OP I've been where you're at and I know what it's like.

I'd be happy to send you a new convection oven, at least so you can get by until u can afford a new oven.

If you want you can create an anonymous email where I can contact you. I'd need a shipping address but you don't need to give your full name.

Miriams

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 5:37 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I am in the same boat

What size is your son? I wld love to send some new shirts and pants.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:52 am
Quote:

he is a size 20 husky

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 12:53 am
I am reading this now for the first time and im litterally crying! Mi kiamcha yisroel!!!
This is just gorgoues! How so many ppl opened up theyre hearts! And just gave like that. To somone im sure was really hard for her to accept it! Wow!!!
TYH!!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 12:58 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
OP my soul hurts and I feel you on a deep level because we are in the same boat.
DH works 85 hours a week
I work 50 and we’re still not making it.
We already let our cleaning lady go a few weeks ago.
Our car is about to be picked up
Our mortgage is behind 6 months
We have a shut off notice for our gas and electric
We still owe tuition from last school year
My kids are home from camp because we can’t afford it.
Our bank accounts is at 0
Our cc’s are maxed.
Our pantry is empty
Our fridge is empty (today the kids had homemade pizza “again” for dinner and my son wanted eggs but we didn’t even have any😪)
We also don’t have how to make shabbes yet but I know Hashem is right here with me, crying along and we have to trust that he knows what he is doing and even if we can’t see the reasons why this is happening I know something amazing is coming in the near future. Sending you hugs

Omg!!! I totally feel for you and OP
I am in the same/similar boat.
And my little tweak is I cant even go out to work. Im looking for something in house if anyone knows. There are no playgroup available ive been searching all last year. And the daycares are a weeping2,000.00 a month! I cant afford.
And on no programs becayse we make apparently too much but cant gover it all as well. Wtvr. Hshm will send a yeshuah! Iyh!! I believe!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 5:01 pm
How is everyone buying food meat clothes shoes papergoods for Yom tov?? And still need to pay tuition and mortgage for October. How in the world???

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 5:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
How is everyone buying food meat clothes shoes papergoods for Yom tov?? And still need to pay tuition and mortgage for October. How in the world???

We don’t buy shoes and clothes by Yom Tov time. We wait for sales or quiet months.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 5:09 pm
But it’s getting cold. My kids can’t wear shorts and short sleeves and sandals when it’s cold on Yom tov. I need some pants and long sleeves and winter shoes

DVOM

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 5:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
But it’s getting cold. My kids can’t wear shorts and short sleeves and sandals when it’s cold on Yom tov. I need some pants and long sleeves and winter shoes

Go to serendipity and onceuponachild.

Beautiful second hand clothing for very reasonable prices (at serendipity about 3$ an item, onceuponachild about 7$).

hayag1

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:43 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Quote:

he is a size 20 husky

If you would be interested, would love to send you some money to help with yom tov needs. You can pm your zelle or PayPal info if interested.

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ahavas tzedakah, they give you a card that looks like a credit card and a list of stores that accept it.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:53 pm
amother OP wrote:

Does anything from last winter season still fit? My kids never needed a complete new wardrobe before Yom tov. They wear whatever they can from last year and I only buy what is absolutely necessary. Then we fill in the rest later on when it all goes on sale

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 6:57 pm
[quote="amother OP"]How is everyone buying food meat clothes shoes papergoods for Yom tov?? And still need to pay tuition and mortgage for October. How in the world???[/quote

Food- we keep our meals really simple. You don't need three full courses at every meal. 2 is enough. And we do not buy meat, only chicken.
Clothes/shoes-we are only buying what is absolutely necessary. Everything else will be bought later on when it goes on sale.
Paper goods- I have really been trying to get in the habit of using dishes (I give my kids corelle not china). It's hard but saves so much money (and no water bill for me-it's included in my rent).
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics