Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
High protein, low fodmaps, low carb dinner besides fish, egg
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 12:51 pm
and tofu? I already eat fish for lunch, but don't want to eat fish twice a day. I already eat eggs for breakfast.

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 12:52 pm
Is it terrible to eat fish 2x a day for 1 week?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 1:26 pm
Eggs are not bad - it’s ok to have more than 2 eggs a day, but I’m not a dr -double check

Hemp hearts are also good
Here is a great falafel recipe. but I don’t know if it’s FODMAP compliant- but I think you can sub

https://www.copymethat.com/r/s.....afel/

I’ve also made taboulli subbing hemp heart for the wheat

You can make flaxseed bread 3 min in the microwave and make nice grilled cheese sandwiches - or even have it as toast with butter
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=89nhQOtMd7o

This is also great for breakfast if you are tired of eggs

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 4:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
and tofu? I already eat fish for lunch, but don't want to eat fish twice a day. I already eat eggs for breakfast.

Cheese, chicken, beef, egg whites (you can have as much as you want)

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 5:31 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Cheese, chicken, beef, egg whites (you can have as much as you want)

I think she meanswhat to eat next week when chicken and beef are not allowed

You could make fat head dough pizza
Very caloric but oooh so good

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:17 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Is it terrible to eat fish 2x a day for 1 week?
too much mercury?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:18 am
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
I think she meanswhat to eat next week when chicken and beef are not allowed

You could make fat head dough pizza
Very caloric but oooh so good
yeah for the 9 days. What's fat head dough?

penguin

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 3:16 pm
Impossible burger?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 3:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yeah for the 9 days. What's fat head dough?

Fathead dough is a basic keto dough
Basically melted cheese, almond flour, and egg
It makes a neadable dough
Just google or YouTube, some variations include cream cheese to the mix

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 4:37 pm
I love those kinds of questions.
(And I expect further restrictions, based on personal taste, to appear with each answer given).
Just do raw vegan & cheese! Don't forget nuts!!! and almonds! and dates.

momsprince

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 6:05 pm
Beans. Legumes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:23 pm
thanks for all the suggestions, but can't have dairy and beans.

STMommy

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:30 pm
Guys, she said low FODMAP!

Honestly OP I would give myself more leeway with the carbs during the 9 days if you can (like rice noodles) or what about zoodles?
Also low lactose cheeses or even Lactaid cottage cheese if you can.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 12:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks for all the suggestions, but can't have dairy and beans.

Bingo!

I knew it.

So I go with Penguin's "impossible burger", but without the bun, which contains Carbs and gluten!

penguin

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 12:53 am
I'm pretty sure most pareve burgers are made with various legumes e.g. soy, chickpeas, black beans etc. So probably not great for fodmaps. Though from the little I've read about fodmaps, you eliminate them all & then try one at a time, and various people can tolerate all different combinations.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 1:10 am
penguin wrote:
I'm pretty sure most pareve burgers are made with various legumes e.g. soy, chickpeas, black beans etc. So probably not great for fodmaps. Though from the little I've read about fodmaps, you eliminate them all & then try one at a time, and various people can tolerate all different combinations.

Oh, I didn't know the impossible burger really exists.

I suspect that this question was posted just to taunt helpful users. Because if OP was serious, she would have said from the beginning that she could not have dairy and beans. I am weary of people who ask impossible questions where so many things are not allowed, and then they add even more restrictions which they "forgot" the first time around.

In the past, I really invested a lot of effort to be helpful when users had dietary restrictions. I used to do research and copy long receipes or menues, just to be told afterwards why they would not work, because additional restrictions popped up that were not mentionned from the getgo. I can't take those OPs seriously any more.

STMommy

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 7:22 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

I suspect that this question was posted just to taunt helpful users. Because if OP was serious, she would have said from the beginning that she could not have dairy and beans. I am weary of people who ask impossible questions where so many things are not allowed, and then they add even more restrictions which they "forgot" the first time around.

In the past, I really invested a lot of effort to be helpful when users had dietary restrictions. I used to do research and copy long receipes or menues, just to be told afterwards why they would not work, because additional restrictions popped up that were not mentionned from the getgo. I can't take those OPs seriously any more.

Are you out of your mind? OP said IN HER TITLE that she needs low fodmap. Meaning, no dairy and no beans. Wow.

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 7:27 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

The world is not out to get you. You are taking this way too personally. You are coming on to someone’s post and somehow making it about you. This post is mind blowing. Perhaps you should take a break from any posts pertaining to food for a while.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 9:52 am
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
The world is not out to get you. You are taking this way too personally. You are coming on to someone’s post and somehow making it about you. This post is mind blowing. Perhaps you should take a break from any posts pertaining to food for a while.

Oh, and most of the times, they do not even say thank you for the ideas they got.

This betrays a level of entitlement that is just incredible. And yes, this deserves to be called out. It's an abuse of goodwill.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 9:54 am
STMommy wrote:
Are you out of your mind? OP said IN HER TITLE that she needs low fodmap. Meaning, no dairy and no beans. Wow.

No. You are wrong. Cheese is allowed, even recommended with low Fodmap and would be the only protein available, after she excluded everything else. Are YOU out of YOUR mind?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise