Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Health insurance for newlywed.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 6:36 am
Hi, bh my dd is getting married. We do not live in the USA so I know nothing about health insurance. Until now she was on medicaid, and then when she got a better paying job she got a catastrophic health insurance. (she never actually sees any drs in NY, she does that when she comes home...)

Now that she is getting married I guess catastrophic is not good enough, what would you recommend? She is paid an hourly rate, not a salary, but it comes to roughly between $35-40 k per year. Her husband is planning to be in kollel for the first year at least, which pays a small stipend, not sure exactly - I think $700 a month???

I was told by someone who works in this that she is not eligible for subsidised insurance.

Any help for a clueless non american would be gratefully received. I also can't really look at lots of sites since they are geo blocked so it is additionally frustrating.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 6:43 am
Pretty sure she should be eligible for a marketplace plan (partially subsidized) at that income level.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 6:52 am
There are frum organizations that help people figure out what insurance they can qualify for from the government. What city is your daughter located in?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 7:06 am
Brooklyn, NY

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:00 am
Not sure if they officially service Brooklyn but she can call Achiezer, I know they help people figure this out in 5T/FR. She should be eligible for some sort of subsidized insurance - I know people with higher incomes than that who have subsidized plans.
# is 516.791.4444
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries