Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Air fryer?

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 10:58 am
Does anyone have any experience using an air fryer? I have the potential option of acquiring one for a very good price, but I'm wondering whether it is really useful. After all however good the price is, if I don't use it it's a waste of money, and it's going to take up more space in my kitchen.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:01 am
I got a free one and was skeptical but I reallly like it. I use it all the time. I like how it circulates the heat. But I was told if your oven has convection setting (mine does not) then its basically the same idea.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:06 am
mha3484 wrote:
I got a free one and was skeptical but I reallly like it. I use it all the time. I like how it circulates the heat. But I was told if your oven has convection setting (mine does not) then its basically the same idea.

I've heard this from a couple people too, but I honestly don't understand it. Air Fryers claim to be able to make super crispy foods without oil. (And if you watch the many videos on YouTube, they look and sound VERY crunchy). Nothing I put in my oven on convect ever gets as crispy as I'd like without oil.

I'm still on the fence about buying one. I just can't spare any space. I'd have to figure out what to get rid of first.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:10 am
You have to know yourself. Are you going to use it often knowing that you have to wash it each time, have to make multiple batches, keep it on the counter? It might make sense for you if you really can't use oil and crave crispy.
My oven is easy to use so I end up using a lined cookie sheet and oil spray and am fine with roasting until browned.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:11 am
I have a kid that detests zucchini I think its because its a little watery and bland. If I air fry it he will eat a nice portion. I think it draws out the moisture. I still use oil but its a difference of a nice mist versus how much I would use to fry in a pot.

socialbutterfly

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:30 am
From experience, it’s pointless. We’ve ruined many good meals with that thing. I don’t understand the hype considering it’s just a miniature oven.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 9:28 pm
socialbutterfly wrote:
From experience, it’s pointless. We’ve ruined many good meals with that thing. I don’t understand the hype considering it’s just a miniature oven.

It's great for French fries, cubed potatoes, deboned chicken, marinated pieces of schnitzel and for vegetables .

etky

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 2:12 am
MiracleMama wrote:
I've heard this from a couple people too, but I honestly don't understand it. Air Fryers claim to be able to make super crispy foods without oil. (And if you watch the many videos on YouTube, they look and sound VERY crunchy). Nothing I put in my oven on convect ever gets as crispy as I'd like without oil.

I'm still on the fence about buying one. I just can't spare any space. I'd have to figure out what to get rid of first.

Exactly my thoughts on this.
On the one hand, I really don't want something that's not super-useful taking up real estate in my kitchen.
OTOH, I have a convection oven and use convection for 90% of what I make in it and nothing comes out like it purportedly does in an air fryer.
In Israel almost all ovens have convection. It's pretty much standard. And yet air fryers are very, very popular here.

lovecouches

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 6:17 am
I am also debating to get an air fryer through work. There is also the option of a smoke free air grill has anyone heard of that? I have room to store things but I am the type who never makes kugel cuz I hate taking out and cleaning my food processor. Also if someone has a Murphy Richards mixer that can hold 1.7 kilo four.
Sorry for hijacking the thread I dont want to see

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 6:22 am
lovecouches wrote:
I am also debating to get an air fryer through work. There is also the option of a smoke free air grill has anyone heard of that? I have room to store things but I am the type who never makes kugel cuz I hate taking out and cleaning my food processor. Also if someone has a Murphy Richards mixer that can hold 1.7 kilo four.
Sorry for hijacking the thread I dont want to see

Do we work for the same company? Or do they just go to the same supplier for their Rosh HaShana presents?

lovecouches

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 6:42 am
Elfrida wrote:
Do we work for the same company? Or do they just go to the same supplier for their Rosh HaShana presents?

We might work for the same company but a lot of them give similar presents. Cool

toysrus

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 6:44 am
I love mine, I make shnitzel, cold cuts, wings, potatoes, fries, I even put cooked rice in it I love the taste, it really comes out crispy without oil

Sara B.

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 7:51 am
An air fryer is a convection oven. Nothing more. Waste of money and space if you have a convection oven.

Ruchi

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 7:53 am
Sara B. wrote:
An air fryer is a convection oven. Nothing more. Waste of money and space if you have a convection oven.

Though, a lot cheaper to run as it works much faster.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 8:43 am
My wall oven has an air fry setting. It is not the same as convection; it seems to have more air flow and will start cooking things without preheating. I am curious as to how the oven air fry compares to the countertop appliance.

einkorn

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 7:55 am
Sara B. wrote:

this is a convection oven- it has air fryer function too.

https://www.sageappliances.com.....=8631

if convection and air fryer would be the same why would this oven include both?

Rivaa

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 5:53 pm
There are ovens that have convection and an air fry feature. What's the difference then? I'm curious because I'm on the market for a new oven.

motherperson

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 9:01 am
toysrus wrote:
I love mine, I make shnitzel, cold cuts, wings, potatoes, fries, I even put cooked rice in it I love the taste, it really comes out crispy without oil

Which one do you have?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars