Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Soup in disposable pan

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 3:47 pm
Can I make veggie soup in 9x13? I can do it in oven or on stove since I don’t have a fleishig pot for soups? Any way to bake or cook in disposable pan?

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 4:13 pm
I would be reluctant to put soup into a disposable pan because it is not intended to hold quantities of liquid.

A soup pot is very inexpensive. Are you traveling or have constraints because a large pot is generally a basic piece of cookware. FWIW, because of the way that soup and other liquids are cooked you don't need an expensive pan and actually a lightweight pan is easier to use when filled with liquid. You need heavy duty pans for dishes in which the pans themselves are the source of heat and you need even heat on the bottom and potentially the sides - for sautes and braises.

self-actualization

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 4:48 pm
If you have oil and onions I would do those first, on the stovetop in the aluminum tin. That way you are kind of sautéing there. Then I would add the other veggies while still on top of the stove. Then I’d add some liquid and some spices and cook the rest of the time in the oven. What I would do here would be to add a thickener like flour or barley and turn it into more of a thicker soup. (Also I love soup mix or bouillon and think it would give the soup a hearty flavor but I know that people have differing opinions on that).

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 6:15 pm
I would think that using an aluminum pan on a direct flame would be terribly toxic. In the oven would probably be better. Just dice a ton of veggies and put in oven with water and spices for a few hours.

writeread

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 6:18 pm
In the oven? Sure. Try this recipe https://betweencarpools.com/co.....oven/

SG18

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 6:26 pm
I cook in foil, on the stove, but only dishes where the liquid cooks out. I'd be nervous about leaks with soup. I had a leak from potatoes in a foil pan only three days after making it. Oil spilled all over my oven, it was a huge mess. I would hate for your soup to leak like that.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 7:32 pm
Use an extra deep 9x13 pan (it's heavier and deeper) and boiling water. Do it in the oven, to dangerous right on the flame (aluminum leaks into the food).

happy chick

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 7:45 pm
Raizy fried had a recipe for soup in a 9x13 in the oven. You could prob find it on Instagram, which I don't have.

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:07 am
I make chicken soup lots of times in a heavy duty disposable roasting pan in the oven. I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing with vegetable soup.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:51 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:
I make chicken soup lots of times in a heavy duty disposable roasting pan in the oven. I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing with vegetable soup.

Why in the oven and not on the stove?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can I make veggie soup in 9x13? I can do it in oven or on stove since I don’t have a fleishig pot for soups? Any way to bake or cook in disposable pan?

OP is tend to agree with Amarante in this case. Invest in a proper pot.
Theoretically you can make lots of things in disposables. Buy why? Is this the only time in a lifetime that you are going to cook soup? Are you on holiday somewhere far out?

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 7:01 am
It sounds like a burn hazard to put a liquid-filled 9x13 in the oven. Those pans are awfully unstable when overloaded with liquid -- even if you double them up. I'd be scared pulling a hot pan out.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 7:53 am
Double the pan so it's sturdier. I wouldn't do stove but maybe oven.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics