Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Have you had your colors done?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:26 pm
I know this is all the Instagram rage now, many frum women have trained to become color consultants. However this has been something I’ve been interested in for years, before it became 2021 trendy.
(Just saying so women don’t try to tell me it’s only exciting because it’s trending now. This is a thing that was hot and then died down and now is in again.)
That being said- have you done your colors? (It used to be “getting your colors done” and now it’s your “palette”.)
Are you happy with the results? Is post-palette shopping what you expected? Tell me more about the results and If you’re happy you got it done. (If you’re happy who did yours?)
It’s something I wish I could do but it’s so pricey. I wonder if I should save up or drop it for now. I’ve tried to do a bit on my own but I want a professional.

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:30 pm
I'm not so familiar but this sounds ridiculous.

What are these "colors" exactly?

What are these professionals doing? Looking at your skin tone, hair color, eye color and then telling you what colors you should wear?

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:35 pm
I don't need to get my colors done to know which colors look good on me.
Being light skinned, blonde and blue, and having experienced wearing clothes until today, I pretty much can see in the mirror if something pops on me, or looks bland.
I would assume it's for fashion backward people who don't recognize if something looks awful on them.

I would be surprised to hear if the results of your palette shock you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:36 pm
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
I'm not so familiar but this sounds ridiculous.

What are these "colors" exactly?

What are these professionals doing? Looking at your skin tone, hair color, eye color and then telling you what colors you should wear?
Yup. And if it’s something you think you could do on your own then good for you. I’d love to have a stylist to run my opinions by or even to outsource to.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:37 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I don't need to get my colors done to know which colors look good on me.
Being light skinned, blonde and blue, and having experienced wearing clothes until today, I pretty much can see in the mirror if something pops on me, or looks bland.
I would assume it's for fashion backward people who don't recognize if something looks awful on them.

I would be surprised to hear if the results of your palette shock you.
I don’t think they’ll shock me. I don’t know. And maybe I’m a fashion backwards person. 🤷‍♀️

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:44 pm
Yes years ago when I was engaged. At the time I paid $600. Now every girl does colors but I actually used someone authentic.
It's been a game changer. Don't take responses from people who don't know what it is.
Ofc I always knew what colors looked good on me - I have a very artistic eye and used to do my own makeup very well. In fact when she did my reds, I brought out all my 20 lipstick and showed her how it matches exactly. I already knew I need blue toned etc.
It's way more than colors. It's also style, fabric, jewelry stones and shapes, home decor.
Ofc the color swatches are great to go shopping with too.
I'm a romantic winter and it's so on point 🎯 like it even fuses with personality

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:45 pm
Dreaming about it for a while now. No clue what the price range is though anyway. See myself being able to afford in the near future hiring someone to do all the clothes shopping for me who would also just know my colors.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 7:01 pm
For makeup there are online shops that have you send a photo in natural lighting and recommend cosmetic colors that way. I’ve been pretty matzliach with that. As for the rest of it I try things on and decide if I like how they look. I don’t feel the need for anything more. But if it makes people happy why not.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 7:36 pm
Another one of those things I never heard of till imamother! And that I never heard of in real life

ceebea

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 7:40 pm
I think you would be better off with a stylist showing you how to put peices together.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 7:58 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
Yes years ago when I was engaged. At the time I paid $600. Now every girl does colors but I actually used someone authentic.
It's been a game changer. Don't take responses from people who don't know what it is.
Ofc I always knew what colors looked good on me - I have a very artistic eye and used to do my own makeup very well. In fact when she did my reds, I brought out all my 20 lipstick and showed her how it matches exactly. I already knew I need blue toned etc.
It's way more than colors. It's also style, fabric, jewelry stones and shapes, home decor.
Ofc the color swatches are great to go shopping with too.
I'm a romantic winter and it's so on point 🎯 like it even fuses with personality
Cqn you share who you went to?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:37 pm
Back when colors were seasons, I found out I have fall coloring. I haven’t done anything with this information for the past 20 years except wear a lot of brown and burgundy.

scintilla

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:44 pm
I haven't gotten it done but I'm very interested, it's just money holding me back. As Mushka said it's much more than colors, it's really fascinating! I follow someone on instagram that I probably won't ever use since she doesn't live anywhere near me but she has a lot of interesting posts and stories on the topic, check her out I think it's stylebyshternie

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:46 pm
Sounds like a complete waste of money.
Just met a kallah who paid 900$ for someone to tell her what colors to wear.
I know what colors look good on me I dont need to pay 900 for that.
if you are stylish and interested in color become a personal shopper or stylist. My cousin does it and makes a ton of money. Shes big on instagram

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:49 pm
This is shtuyot for people who have more money than sense

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:58 pm
2021 trendy? HAHAHAHAHAHA! It all started with Color Me Beautiful, published in 1973.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:34 pm
Styledbyshternie on Insta is great!
Getting my colors done has definitely made shopping easier.
It also helps me have confidence with my choices. You don’t have to wear what everyone else is wearing to look good.
For example black is not so good for me, but people here wears black a lot. Navy or dark green are better for my coloring. And now I can wear them with more confidence instead of black.

It’s not only about colors, I learnt that smaller more delicate prints are better for me than big bold designs.

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Cqn you share who you went to?

Chanchi milecki @thesoulstyler
Yes this isn't a new fad. It's just made it to Instagram. Chanchi didn't have an account back in the day, I heard of her bc I knew tons of people irl who used her

imaima

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know this is all the Instagram rage now, many frum women have trained to become color consultants. However this has been something I’ve been interested in for years, before it became 2021 trendy.
(Just saying so women don’t try to tell me it’s only exciting because it’s trending now. This is a thing that was hot and then died down and now is in again.)
That being said- have you done your colors? (It used to be “getting your colors done” and now it’s your “palette”.)
Are you happy with the results? Is post-palette shopping what you expected? Tell me more about the results and If you’re happy you got it done. (If you’re happy who did yours?)
It’s something I wish I could do but it’s so pricey. I wonder if I should save up or drop it for now. I’ve tried to do a bit on my own but I want a professional.

Yes I had my colors done and more (style identity etc.)
I encourage anyone to do that or st least try and explore by themselves what colors suit them.
It’s not a „hot“ thing of 2021, it’s been around for ages.
The flipside is that one will have to decide if they want to wear what is „in“ in frum stores or what actually suits them. It is seldom that these things coincide…

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:56 pm
$600 to tell me what colors look good on me? I already figured that out on my own.

What a racket.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics