Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Tannersville NY- things to do 45 mins away

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 1:45 pm
Anyone been to Tannersville NY? I'm renting a house there for a few nights at the end of the summer. We went last year, and did the few things we saw around there (like boating and the hike) but there wasn't much else aside from the playground and sand.

I'm willing to travel 45mins away from tannersville if there is something substantial to do with kids. Anyone have any ideas? My searching hasn't gotten me anywhere!

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 1:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone been to Tannersville NY? I'm renting a house there for a few nights at the end of the summer. We went last year, and did the few things we saw around there (like boating and the hike) but there wasn't much else aside from the playground and sand.

I'm willing to travel 45mins away from tannersville if there is something substantial to do with kids. Anyone have any ideas? My searching hasn't gotten me anywhere!

May I ask where your found a house to rent? We want to go with the kids in two weeks but the houses on Airbnb all looked very shabby.

doctorima

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 3:22 pm
Bailiwick Zoo, Puttin Plus, hikes of various length to Kaaterskill Falls, ski tram up Hunter Mountain, swim in Colgate Lake, kaleidoscope show at Mt Tremper in Emerson, boating at North/South lake, Opus 40, Olana mansion tour, pick your own fruit, a bit farther is Howes Cavern and Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 10:00 pm
We have close friends who own a house there and we are renting it from them.

Thanks doctoima. have you been there recently? Are all the places open? A few things were closed last time due to c-19.. like the ski tram.

The kaleidoscope show sounds cool! Have you been there? Whats it like? Will young kids enjoy it?

Where is there a pick your own fruit?

Thanks!

happy12

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 10:58 pm
Blenheim-Gilboa power plant.
Albany, the state museum (they have a 9/11 section) the observatory on top of the building where you can see 5 states on clear day. The million dollars stair case in the state Capitol.
The locks in Schenectady.

doctorima

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 8:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We have close friends who own a house there and we are renting it from them.

Thanks doctoima. have you been there recently? Are all the places open? A few things were closed last time due to c-19.. like the ski tram.

The kaleidoscope show sounds cool! Have you been there? Whats it like? Will young kids enjoy it?

Where is there a pick your own fruit?

Thanks!

My info is pre-Covid, so definitely check for changes before going.

Hunter gondola seems to be open Friday-Sunday: https://www.greatnortherncatsk.....yride

There's a high-end hotel in Mt. Tremper called Emerson Resort, with several nice shops attached to it. There's also an old barn silo that they've converted into the largest kaleidoscope in the world, where they have kaleidoscope "shows" that are set to music. You lay on the floor and look up and watch them. They run about 5-10 minutes. I think it's $5 per adult and kids are free. We've done it a few times and enjoy it.

It's attached to a store that sells kaleidoscopes, starting from a few dollars up to thousands. We love to look around, but definitely keep your kids away from anything expensive they could break.

I don't remember the name of the pick-your-own. I vaguely recall that it was not far from Olana. If you're renting there, maybe ask some of the regulars if they know what's open now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics