Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Would you vacation in Florida now

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 11:35 pm
With teenagers Or is it too hot and humid.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 11:58 pm
Ugh no. I’d literally go anywhere else. It’s such a big world, why Florida in the summer?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:01 am
YES. Anytime.
Sit in the shade or in the pool😃

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:52 am
Just did it
It’s just as hot as Brooklyn and Lakewood was last week
We did lots of water activities, pool, beach and tons of great places to eat with lots of great indoor places as well with air conditioning

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:39 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
YES. Anytime.
Sit in the shade or in the pool😃

Ok I’m going kids aren’t really bothered as much but heat anyway. Which is a nice hotel by the beach? M with kosher food or kosher restaurants around

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok I’m going kids aren’t really bothered as much but heat anyway. Which is a nice hotel by the beach?

What city in Florida are you looking to travel to?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:41 am
I live in South Florida and with all due respect, OP, are you crazy??? I would do anything not to be here in the summer.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:42 am
I'm going in two weeks. I usually would not go in the summer but I am going with family. I go a few times a year and like to go other places in the summer.

ETA. I have a place to stay with a pool and not planning on any trips really. I am actually going somewhere more local the next week for three days so Florida will just be chilled.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:49 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I live in South Florida and with all due respect, OP, are you crazy??? I would do anything not to be here in the summer.
NY.

It's hot in NY and NJ too. I live in Brooklyn and have been going to Florida the past few summers and it's not much hotter.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:51 am
I am considering going. I have a place to stay and it’s awful and humid where I am now anyway.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:51 am
Im not sure what area. I want close to the beach and kosher restaurants. Is the Altair hotel kosher? Do you recommend it?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:01 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
NY.

It's hot in NY and NJ too. I live in Brooklyn and have been going to Florida the past few summers and it's not much hotter.

Not much hotter but more humid.
But the point is that it's miserable to be outdoors. Why vacation in a place with so much outdoor beauty at a time of year when it's unbearable to be out of air-condition for longer than 2 minutes?
If I had vacation time and money I'd head to higher altitudes.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:03 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Not much hotter but more humid.
But the point is that it's miserable to be outdoors. Why vacation in a place with so much outdoor beauty at a time of year when it's unbearable to be out of air-condition for longer than 2 minutes?
If I had vacation time and money I'd head to higher altitudes.

I go because I can rent a house with a pool for a very decent price. And there is a minyan and kosher food. And attractions nearby. I can drive there which saves on airfare and rental car. I can't go in the winter because of my job.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:07 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
I go because I can rent a house with a pool for a very decent price. And there is a minyan and kosher food. And attractions nearby. I can drive there which saves on airfare and rental car. I can't go in the winter because of my job.

Hey, if it works for you, enjoy!
I just find it funny because I dream of escaping here. I have friends vacationing in places like Alaska, Iceland and Greenland. No good kosher restaurants or minyanim, but they're wearing jackets and I'm totally jealous.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:09 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Hey, if it works for you, enjoy!
I just find it funny because I dream of escaping here. I have friends vacationing in places like Alaska, Iceland and Greenland. No good kosher restaurants or minyanim, but they're wearing jackets and I'm totally jealous.

Agreed that the cool weather would be nice now. But the lack of minyan, food and the price make it not an option for me. So I would rather be hot in a house with a pool.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:15 am
Honestly I wouldn't vacation in FL ever. I've been there in February and died of the heat. The only reason I ever went there was to visit family. If I were vacationing now, I'd go to Scandinavia, Canada, Alaska or Iceland.

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:17 am
Florida in winter is beautiful.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:18 am
I just went to Orlando last week. We did nothing by day expect hang out in our amazing house and sit in the pool. It was not possible to go anywhere outdoors. At night we did go out a little bit but even then too hot to stay out long. It was a great trip and I would do it again. As long as no expectations of doing outdoor stuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics