Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler bike/ push buggy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:58 pm
What’s been your favorite toddler bike or push buggy type of thing? Looking to buy her something she will enjoy outdoors

emom1

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:09 pm
Radio flyer 4 in 1 tricycle

amother
Oleander

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:10 pm
We have the Step 2 Push around buggy and DD loves it!!!

HOWEVER, they make a more expensive model that is called the "whisper ride" and I decided to be cheap and not buy it. Big mistake. Ours makes so so much noise, you can't talk to the person walking next to you, it's so loud. If I did it again I'd spend the extra $30

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:23 pm
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
We have the Step 2 Push around buggy and DD loves it!!!

HOWEVER, they make a more expensive model that is called the "whisper ride" and I decided to be cheap and not buy it. Big mistake. Ours makes so so much noise, you can't talk to the person walking next to you, it's so loud. If I did it again I'd spend the extra $30

The whisper ride has a lower back and isn’t for little babies.
My 10 month old can be in the noisy one, but isn’t secure in the whispers wheels car.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:34 pm
emom1 wrote:
Radio flyer 4 in 1 tricycle

Thanks, is this really good? I saw it online and wasn’t sure if it’s as good as it looks.

emom1

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks, is this really good? I saw it online and wasn’t sure if it’s as good as it looks.

How old is ur daughter? Got it when my son was about 11 months so he was able to sit well in it. He's 2.5 now and still love. Learning to pedal now and love that I can still push it too.

misteray

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:40 pm
I really like our globber scooter. https://www.amazon.com/Globber.....WOYRP

My two year old still sits. It takes a bit of practice to steer, but not hard once you get used to it. My six year old used it as a scooter from when he was about 3 till 5.

I didn't spend that much, though, doubt I would. It was on clearance in Target when I bought it.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:41 pm
emom1 wrote:
How old is ur daughter? Got it when my son was about 11 months so he was able to sit well in it. He's 2.5 now and still love. Learning to pedal now and love that I can still push it too.

The new version they are selling now is different.

emom1

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:48 pm
amother [ DarkOrange ] wrote:
The new version they are selling now is different.

What is different about it?

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 12:16 am
Love the whisper ride step two for my 10 month old. He is so comfy on the seat and enjoys the smooth ride. I love that it is fast and easy to put him in and I can leave it outside since it’s all plastic.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 5:13 pm
Bumping.
What is different about the 4 in one trike from radio flyer? Anyone else can vouch for it?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 5:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bumping.
What is different about the 4 in one trike from radio flyer? Anyone else can vouch for it?

I have it, quality is fine but I don't like it because it takes a screwdriver and serious effort to switch between stages and I have 3 kids that all would enjoy it but I can't have them take turns and share it because I can't just move the seat over or put the tray on or off. I'd prefer something more versatile and flexible that can be used by different stages without serious hardware

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 5:21 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
I have it, quality is fine but I don't like it because it takes a screwdriver and serious effort to switch between stages and I have 3 kids that all would enjoy it but I can't have them take turns and share it because I can't just move the seat over or put the tray on or off. I'd prefer something more versatile and flexible that can be used by different stages without serious hardware

I hear that. But if it’s just one toddler, that shouldn’t be an issue because you only need to switch every 6 months or so to the next stage.
Is the bike itself enjoyable for your kids?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 6:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hear that. But if it’s just one toddler, that shouldn’t be an issue because you only need to switch every 6 months or so to the next stage.
Is the bike itself enjoyable for your kids?

Yeah the kids love it, this just is very frustrating. My in laws bought it for us when my 4 year old was 1 and it was perfect until my next was born.
Lol, so typical of imamother for a thread about riding toys to include family planning LOL but just to consider, when your little kid is 3 or 4 and there might be a younger one who can ride also, it's really frustrating to be limited like that

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 6:26 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
Yeah the kids love it, this just is very frustrating. My in laws bought it for us when my 4 year old was 1 and it was perfect until my next was born.
Lol, so typical of imamother for a thread about riding toys to include family planning LOL but just to consider, when your little kid is 3 or 4 and there might be a younger one who can ride also, it's really frustrating to be limited like that

LOL Yup, ima at its best!
Im not really concerned about the hassle of changing though. I can live with doing it every 6 months… glad to hear it’s a good bike other than that though

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 2:39 pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics