Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
S/o attention morahs!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 6:47 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
Morah here chiming in.
I didn't raise but want to mention for those that are wondering...
I am definitely losing. My assistant is charging me $35 an hour. Last year I paid her $25.
I went to order supplies, the prices have gone up considerably! Basic copy paper, prizes from oriental trading...go look it up yourselves it's insane! It will definitely add up to an additional 1k.
Next year I will be raising my price considerably. Part because I shouldn't make less than I used to, and part because I need some extra to keep up with inflation. Now you might say that your boss hasn't raised you and you are absolutely correct it isn't fair. But I'm the morah people call isru chag to get into. (I'm actually half full already for 23 24 because I've been getting calls all summer though I won't write anyone down) and I will absolutely get burned out if I make so little and need a side hustle to keep up. I want to continue to love doing what I do and be the happiness and joy your child is enveloped in half his waking hours. So maybe it isn't fair, but if my children's schools thought it was OK to do so than I will at the very least raise accordingly.
May mashiach come before than!

You’re taking calls for 23-24 already?!?!?!?
Please no!!!!!
MORAHS PLEASE DONT DO REGISTRATION SO EARLY 🤦‍♀️
We’re trying to get out of the bad sukkos cycle not start earlier Banging head

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 8:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You’re taking calls for 23-24 already?!?!?!?
Please no!!!!!
MORAHS PLEASE DONT DO REGISTRATION SO EARLY 🤦‍♀️
We’re trying to get out of the bad sukkos cycle not start earlier Banging head

AGREEEEEEE!!!! Help

amother
White

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 8:11 pm
I'm a morah!! I've gotten calls too ! I just laugh and tell them to enjoy their baby!!!
Call me back next year!

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 9:59 am
If parents are so desperate, why open registration so early? You'll be full in a nanosecond if you open registration Purim or Pesach time.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:06 am
I know a few moros who didn’t open registration until after Pesach this year. They filled up fast. I don’t know why people like to make their lives more complicated. The earlier they open registration the more parents will need to pull out and find replacements.

Simple1

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:08 am
$35 for an assistant?!? Sorry but some of this seems artificially induced.

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:30 pm
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
If parents are so desperate, why open registration so early? You'll be full in a nanosecond if you open registration Purim or Pesach time.

The moros shortage is a new phenomenon.
I'm doing playgroup in Lakewood over 20 years, some years I had a hard time filling up!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries