Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Moving to Isreal
Previous  1  2

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:45 am
OP, I hope you are ok. You can look into Kibbutzim. Next also try Shabbat.com. At least you can visit areas that might be of interest to you.

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 7:01 am
OP also try to post on Facebook on the Jerusalem sites. Post that you are looking for a living area, or even to stay in someone's home in return to watching their pets. Many pple are looking for pple now to do this for vacation. Then you have time and can look into what you need. FB Secret Jerusalem, Secret Be'er Sheva, How Can I Try To Help You Today?, Israel Communities Info for Anglo Olim, Shabbat Meals in Yerushalayim, Mitzpe Ramon's English Speakers.,Anglos In Israel, Post your request under these blogs. Good luck to you. (these are all facebook).

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 8:59 am
You might be able to live in a yeshiva/seminary but you’d both have to be learning full time. But that would give you time to figure out your next steps.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:27 am
byisrael wrote:
Guys - don't bash the op, she already did this.

Now she needs help.

I think that your best bet would be mercaz klita. It will not be the rural off grid lifestyle you are interested in but it will be a landing space and doesn't cost money.

Then you need some kind of plan because Mercaz klita isnt forever.
Start by getting jobs. Janglo and NBN can be good resources for this
Some options I can think about:
Join a hilltop community
You will still need some sort of job and a car is a must because it is in middle of no where, but you can use your sal klita money and no car tax benefit as an oleh. According to the sal klita calculator you would get 47,000 nis in 8 payments, that's enough for a decent car and a tiny second hand caravan( so you can move your home every time you get kicked out) afterwards you get a much smaller stipend of dmei kiyum for a while. I have no clue how you find them.

Find a Kibbutz to join
It is a long acceptance process and many kibbutzim are privatizing, but there are a fe' old style kibbutzim left. I will say that it is the direct opposite of a hilltop lifestyle - total stability - they give you jobs ect. but no freedom. My aunt on a kibbutz needs to ask permission take the kibbutz car to go visit her kids....
Here are some religious kibbutzim that are accepting
https://www.kibbutz.org.il/he/.....d=All

I saw an article from misrad hachaklaut about giving nachalot up north for free, but you need to invest money and turn the land into a productive farm. I think there are also loans but farming is an expensive investment...
I have no clue about getting the land, but this is the article.
https://www.israelhayom.co.il/.....07255
It sound like you need a job as well and some money to get started

I think the most practical move would be to get jobs and move to a legal yishuv where you eventually can afford to buy some land. Rent a small place, get jobs, and work towards buying land.
Here are some cheap places in dati yishuvim....
If you don't speak hebrew you should probably pick a place with an english speaking community like Kochav yaakov, but I am including a wide rang apartments under 2,000 nis in yishuvim.

https://www.yad2.co.il/realest.....-2000
https://www.yad2.co.il/realest.....-2000\

You do need jobs. The best recommendation if you are going to a yishuv is to go remote USA.
What is your work experience/schooling?
Job boards that can help:
https://www.outsourcingtoisrae.....ard/#!/search?page=1
https://www.janglo.net/jobs
https://www.nbn.org.il/jobboard/
There are whatsapp groups as well - pm me for info
[quote]

Thank you for this. This is super helpful. We had a few friends that hosted us short term in their small apartments and this would really help us make a plan.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:28 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
OP, if this is a real post, where are you staying now? or did you get off the plane and just hope youd find free accommodations?

We are staying by friends but they are only able to accommodate us short term.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
\

I really think this attitude is unhelpful. We are not allowed to call troll - you can report if you are suspicious.

We need to go with the assumption this is real.

Presumably they are staying with family/ in Misrad haklita.

Although this isn't the way anglo's usually make aliya, and its got to make thing more complicated and difficult, many people have made aliya like this from russia or other old USSR countries and it was very difficult for a long time but they are ok.

I am sure op now realizes that this want a practical way to do things. Now she needs help. Can we do that without piling in the guilt I am sure she is feeling already?

Thank you, I appreciate the support

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:33 am
ysydmom wrote:
OP did you reach out to nefesh bnefesh or yad l'olim maybe they can help. I know that Yad L'olim is setting people up to work with elal since they are short staffed. Maybe you can do something like that and ask them about housing as well.

They did rent out hotels for the ukraine refugees maybe they can put you up in one of the hotels?
;

We are in touch with nefesh b’nefesh and started the process, but so far it’s sounds like it would take a few months to complete and we are getting a bit of a run around… so right now we need a plan for it seems 3-4 months

I did not hear of yad lolim. I will look into it. Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:35 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
OP, I hope you are ok. You can look into Kibbutzim. Next also try Shabbat.com. At least you can visit areas that might be of interest to you.

I will look into Shabbat.com thank you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:36 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
OP also try to post on Facebook on the Jerusalem sites. Post that you are looking for a living area, or even to stay in someone's home in return to watching their pets. Many pple are looking for pple now to do this for vacation. Then you have time and can look into what you need. FB Secret Jerusalem, Secret Be'er Sheva, How Can I Try To Help You Today?, Israel Communities Info for Anglo Olim, Shabbat Meals in Yerushalayim, Mitzpe Ramon's English Speakers.,Anglos In Israel, Post your request under these blogs. Good luck to you. (these are all facebook).

Don’t have Facebook but it sounds like it might be very helpful to create an account!
Thank you!

Elfrida

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Don’t have Facebook but it sounds like it might be very helpful to create an account!
Thank you!

Just be aware that many people looking for house or pet sitters will not necessarily want a toddler staying in the house.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 2:51 am
I see you didnt use NBN - did you come one your own or thru the Jewish Agencey?

If its thru the jewish agency you should be able to reach out and get a placement in mercaz klita until you figure things out. If not - then please take temporary jobs and rent a cheap place while you get your footing.

What have you/husband done in the past?
If I hear of something I can post...

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 3:15 am
What are you doing with your home back where you cam from? What about your belongings?

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 3:42 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Do you intend to get jobs or do you expect to continue living with no money?
Israel doesn't just have plots of land to give out to people who want to set up camp - and even if it would, you'd still need to buy food and stuff.
If you're really up to roughing it on a barren plot of land, you can always join a hilltop community living essentially off the grid. You would be under threat of evacuation obviously, but you could probably live in a shack or caravan or tent for not very much.

If you are seriously considering an off the grid alternative type lifestyle, then hilltop communities might be a thing for you. I know a family that lived in a tent for several years and I know a woman who lives in a shack she built with her own hands. But it's not an easy lifestyle and you still need food and supplies.
It's also not strictly speaking legal and there are forced evacuations and destructions here and there, meaning you could lose all you've built up if that happens.
Your kid or kids need a regular framework, too, at some stage.

It might be a good idea to make an effort to find a regular job, even if low paying, and then see what way to live you can afford with it. Life in the periphery or in yishuvim across the Green Line is cheaper in general, but there are also fewer Anglos, if that's a factor.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:46 am
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
\

Although this isn't the way anglo's usually make aliya, and its got to make thing more complicated and difficult, many people have made aliya like this from russia or other old USSR countries and it was very difficult for a long time but they are ok.

The refugees from former soviet union did not come thinking they could live for free. They are OK now because the looked for work, found jobs and adjusted. I find your post is insulting to them.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:10 am
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
The refugees from former soviet union did not come thinking they could live for free. They are OK now because the looked for work, found jobs and adjusted. I find your post is insulting to them.

The op said that they are both hard workers and willing to work. She just doesn't have any money NOW and has interesting idea's how to get around the issue.

Many Many immigrants have come with no money. It is an INCREDIBLY difficult way to make aliya, and you may have to take any job that comes your way, including menial labor, but everyone who is busy bashing the op has not noticed that she IS willing to work, and to put up with very little, but is just not really sure about how to find a place to live when she has no cash, and you can't start working without a place to base yourself from.

OP really should have done the aliya process before coming but once she is here lets try to help.

Rappel

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi
We are a young couple with a toddler. We just arrived in Isreal thinking we can find a place to live with very little money. Either working in exchange for a place to stay or just making it work somehow. Is there a way to come to Isreal with nothing and make it work? We want to live on a small piece of land we are very simple. Want to have a small garden and would even live in a cabin or permanent tent. Right now we have nowhere to go and it seems like it’s impossible to live here without making money. Any insight or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hi OP.

I know of places like that. Please PM me, and let's be in touch. I need more details about where you're holding, and what you want/need.

Rappel

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:53 am
salt wrote:
Sounds a bit like OP is still in biblical times, reminds me of some passuk like "And it came to pass, and and Abraham came to Canaan and pitched his tent ..."

On a more serious note, are there still old style kibbutzim in Israel where you work for the kibbutz and live in a house which is owned by the kibbutz - I don't actually know, but that could be an option.

There are also farms all over Shomron/Binyamin that need farm hands. The OP seems to be realistic about what living like the entails.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 7:03 am
What about child care?
If parents are working hard that’s great but someone has to watch the baby. How can that be free?

ProudMommie

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 9:16 am
I very much admire your idealism and yearning for Eretz Yisroel and your emunah.. to come as you are without a plan like that. Daven .. that is number 1 piece of advice. You are in a place where your tefilla is everything... and go find a rav ASAP to help ground you a bit.. but not completely. It is ok to be dreamers..and idealists and may you stay that way until 120! Rely on Hshem and He will help you get everything in order.. You will find all that you need eventually... and honestly no matter how anyone comes .. with money or without money.. Eretz Yisroel nikney b'issurim.. Welcome Home! You should have a yishuv tov! you will lesader everything in your life liat liat. Reach out if you want to chat or if I can answer any questions.. It will be ok. Hshem is with you.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 9:19 am
Either this is completely fake or OP is mentally ill. Nobody ups and moves to a completely different country with no money and no plan.
Reality check, everyone
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions