Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Is it true?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:25 am
That if you don’t introduce a specific food to a baby before they turn one, there is a higher chance she can develop allergies later on when you end up introducing the food? I.e eggs/dairy/peanuts

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:26 am
Yes.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:26 am
I heard they found Israeli children have a lower incidence of peanut allergies, since all the babies are eating bamba.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:27 am
I didn't find that to be true. Also if other people are eating it around the baby then that's exposure too. I'm not even sure it's proven. But to be on the safe side why not give it to your baby? Omlettes are a great first food, as well as bamba and cheese. All really easy to give a baby.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:35 am
I've actually heard opposite
Doc told me not to give dairy to baby up to year, and they'll be lower chance to develop allergy.

taketwo

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:38 am
My child had a high chance of developing a peanut allergy for various reasons. I was told to start giving peanut butter at 6 months. BH the child did not develop an allergy, although tests slightly allergic on tests.

The latest research shows introducing allergens at a younger age decreases allergies.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:41 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I've actually heard opposite
Doc told me not to give dairy to baby up to year, and they'll be lower chance to develop allergy.

That is old advice.

The up to date advice is the opposite - introduce foods early to avoid allergies.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:42 am
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
I didn't find that to be true. Also if other people are eating it around the baby then that's exposure too. I'm not even sure it's proven. But to be on the safe side why not give it to your baby? Omlettes are a great first food, as well as bamba and cheese. All really easy to give a baby.

At what age would you introduce omelets, bamba, known allergy fruits….?

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:45 am
My pediatrician recommended I give my baby Bamba when she starts solids. She isn't jewish or israeli or anything like that. Regular non-jewish dr. There is a real scientific study about it.

Not giving dairy (like real dairy milk/yogurt/cheese) might be because there are more proteins (enzymes? I don't remember which thing it is) that are harder for babies to digest. My baby was slightly sensitive so I gave only little bits and now she is fine with it all bh.

Moonlight

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:47 am
My husband was taught in college - with all types of students - to start Bamba at 6 m

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:52 am
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:

Ask your pediatrician. Mine said all food is safe at 6 months, eggs, fish, diary, peanuts etc.

Aurora

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:56 am
The baby led weaning crew believes in serving yourself and your baby identical meals at 6 months, or when baby takes an interest in solid foods. Go for it.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:06 pm
Aurora wrote:
The baby led weaning crew believes in serving yourself and your baby identical meals at 6 months, or when baby takes an interest in solid foods. Go for it.

Yes for this
Just started with my first baby and it is so much fun:)
So cute to see her reactions to all diff types of foods
She now refused the baby jars I initially started with
Smart girl Wink

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:22 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
That is old advice.

The up to date advice is the opposite - introduce foods early to avoid allergies.

I introduced dairy to my baby at about 7 months, she ate it for about 4 weeks and was ok, and then she started having allergies to it...

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 1:37 pm
Babies don’t need bamba at any age. It’s highly processed garbage. Regarding allergies, these studies going back and forth about early vs late exposure are just distracting from the real issues. Leaky gut and hyper stimulated immune systems are what causes allergies. Stop drinking the koolaid, ladies.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 2:06 pm
There is a healthier version of bamba, especially for babies.

It's still a processed food, but claims to be healthier.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:29 pm
It's called the Bamba study and it was conducted in England.

Just a psa. If your baby does have a higher chance of having allergies, be prepared for a reaction just in case.
My doctor told me to give my son bamba since he had eczema, and therfore had a greater chance of developing allergies. But he made it sound like I have nothing to be concerned about. None of my other kids have any allergies. I went home and put the baby in the high chair and gave him bamba. Not knowing any better, I left the kitchen, leaving him with my daughter. He had an immideate reaction, his face swelled completely out of proportion and then he became listless. BH my daughter quickly brought hom to me and we got to an urgent Care in time to administer the epipen. But it was very traumatic.
I think it was irresponsible of the doctor not to warn me to be vigilant the first time he eats bamba.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:45 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Babies don’t need bamba at any age. It’s highly processed garbage. Regarding allergies, these studies going back and forth about early vs late exposure are just distracting from the real issues. Leaky gut and hyper stimulated immune systems are what causes allergies. Stop drinking the koolaid, ladies.

This. I have one kid who didn't eat anything until 18 months. She's bh eating Normal food. According to that school of thought, she should be allergic to everything since she didn't eat food until way later.

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:04 pm
What dark yellow said:
This advice is not for high risk babies.

For babies at high risk of allergies there are different rules. Speak to your doctor.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:13 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:

As soon as they start solids.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics