Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Sweet potatoes ideas
Previous  1  2

bsy

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 9:21 pm
I scrub them, leave the peel on, wrap each one in foil, and bake. The longer the better-so sweet and soft!

dani'smommy

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 9:27 pm
I make loaded stuffed sweet potatoes- it's a full meal and perfect for 9 days. Scrub the peel well, pierce with a knife. Microwave or bake until soft. Slice in half, scoop out the flesh, and put into a large bowl. Rinse a can of black beans, and add to the bowl. Add salsa, shredded cheese and some cumin. Put mixture back into the sweet potato halves and bake until the cheese is melted. I also make a Greek yogurt dipping sauce to go with it. I mix the yogurt with chili powder and lime juice. Add thinly sliced scallions.

mushkale

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 9:36 pm
My two go tos

https://pinchofyum.com/30-minu.....atoes

https://minimalistbaker.com/me.....toes/

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 9:44 pm
You can bake, freeze, and take out for muffins and soups. I had a great muffin recipe, sorry. BUT this is wonderful: https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-1614

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:48 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
You can bake, freeze, and take out for muffins and soups. I had a great muffin recipe, sorry. BUT this is wonderful: https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-1614

Do u still have the muffin recipe?

Thanks everyone! Keep ‘‘em coming

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 1:46 am
dani'smommy wrote:
I make loaded stuffed sweet potatoes- it's a full meal and perfect for 9 days. Scrub the peel well, pierce with a knife. Microwave or bake until soft. Slice in half, scoop out the flesh, and put into a large bowl. Rinse a can of black beans, and add to the bowl. Add salsa, shredded cheese and some cumin. Put mixture back into the sweet potato halves and bake until the cheese is melted. I also make a Greek yogurt dipping sauce to go with it. I mix the yogurt with chili powder and lime juice. Add thinly sliced scallions.

This sounds delicious.

Tof Umachol

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 4:16 am
mha3484 wrote:
This is my favorite way to make sweet potatoes https://www.splendidtable.org/.....hment

This looks amazing. Going to try it soon. Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:09 am
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
does anyone ever make sweet potatoes with marshmallows anymore? BT, grew up eating that for Thanksgiving. aside from too sweet to eat too often, I'd still eat that once in awhile, especially if I can control the sweet (half the mmallows lol)

My sister would sometimes make that for Succos. I prefer savory sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:56 am
https://www.food.com/recipe/ja.....66785 This is similar to something I have. Since it's from a cookbook I'm not comfortable sharing it. I use rice vinegar, no nori.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do u still have the muffin recipe?

Thanks everyone! Keep ‘‘em coming

I'll see if I can find it.
If you have a butternut squash recipe you like, try using sweet potatoes instead.

Mommy1:)

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:03 am
latkes! fries up a bit faster than regular potato latkes. Serve with sour cream/greek yogurt/apple sauce and your protein of choice and veg., or just eat as a snack Very Happy

Amethyst

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 2:03 pm
Do you still need a sweet potato pie recipe?

For soup I usually make with butternut squash, but I'm sure you can make with just sweet potatoes and adjust the flavor accordingly.
Cut butternut squash and sweet potatoes to roast in the oven- if you're just doing sweet potato then much easier to cut. Just half the sweet potato the long way, smear the flesh with some olive oil mixed with salt and pepper, then put face down on baking sheets and roast, maybe for 45 min... Until they are soft and easy to get out the flesh from the peel.
You could skip that whole first part if you'd rather not roast it first.
Then I sauté an onion or two in a pot, put all the sweet potato flesh (or if you skipped that step, then just peel and cut up the sweet potato, maybe sauté with the onion if you want) in the pot, add water to cover, add onion soup mix, cinnamon, honey, some more salt/pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and let simmer for a little while, maybe 45 min+. At that point, blend the soup together with an immersion blender, and taste. Add more honey/cinnamon, onion soup mix/salt/pepper as you like.
Sometimes when I wanted it a little creamier I would add soy milk. Regular milk would also be good but then it's milchigs.
I don't usually just make it with just sweet potatoes, so maybe do less honey/cinnamon, onion soup mix/salt/pepper before it cooks and then you can add more afterwards depending on how you like the taste.

Also sometimes we peel and slice sweet potatoes, and mix with honey/cinnamon and bake uncovered in the oven for a while, it gets candied and sweet.

Sweet potato fries - we peel and cut up into fries, drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper, mix together and lay out on a baking sheet and bake for a while (not sure how long, maybe 30 min-45 min, but you can try it and see if it's done) on 350 or 375... I usually flip the fries in the middle.

fitmom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 2:59 pm
Cube sweet potatoes. Place on cooky sheet, sprayed with Pam. top with mixture of cinn/sugar, and drizzle with sugar free pancake syrup. Baked at 350 for at least 45 min.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen