Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ten years married and can’t afford to buy!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 3:34 pm
Any advice?
I’m so tired. Any organizations that can help us?
We need money.
We don’t have enough for a down payment.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 3:40 pm
There's so many people in the same boat don't sit and feel sorry for yourself- it's super common to not be able to afford a house.

Sometimes people ask their grandparents or parents for help, some don't have that option- I don't think there are organizations.

I know there are communities that are the up and coming areas on OU website looking for more families to move in they often offer financial incentives to move in. https://www.ou.org/fair/

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 3:42 pm
13 years married, still renting. When the time is right we will IMYH buy. Until then, bh I have a comfortable rental.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 3:45 pm
We are married bh for 20 and can't buy either. Both my husband and I work full time. But we pay tuition for bh a large family and will soon start marry off iyh. So we need to save for that.

I would love to own a house BUT we won't put ourself in deep debt for it.

I have a very rich Totty and when he feels I need a house he will surely give it to me. In the meantime I try not to dwell on it and be grateful for all the brochos he gave us.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 3:58 pm
We're married 12 years and can't afford to buy. I'm not sitting and dwelling on it, bh we can afford our rent.
Why should their be an organization that helps with buying a home? It's a luxury.

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 4:02 pm
You are in the Aliyah section so I am assuming you are in Israel

Have you tried Mechir Lemishtaken?

I know somone who won in a periphery city where the down payment was much cheaper + the maanak really helped them, they are renting it out until they are allowed to sell, and already the prices are constantly going up - so in 5 years they will sell and be able to afford a smaller apartment in an area they actually want to live.....

It is insane getting the 30% together - that is why more and more Isreali's are helping there kids with a down payment (used to be just charedim who did this - now all my secular co-workers are)

Also have you looked in more North/South area's - also may be kdai just to buy there to get your foot in the game and rent out - inflation means money in the bank is loosing value and the real estate is INSANE

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 4:10 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
We're married 12 years and can't afford to buy. I'm not sitting and dwelling on it, bh we can afford our rent.
Why should their be an organization that helps with buying a home? It's a luxury.

Not an organization - But the Goverment needs to make changes
In Israel a HUGE part of the housing expenses is because the govt. owns all the land - and sell it slowly, plus there is insane red taper involved in building projects. The govt. makes a lot of money off these rising land values and creates a reality where most people cant afford the 30% down payment.

There are also very few long term rental options - most land lords only will sign for a year or two. then they kick you out because they are only allowed legally to raise rent by 2-3% and the market has rissen by over 10%. So renting means no stability unless you get lucky. I know to many people being kicked out because of this - or having there rent jump by huge sums.

Something needs to change

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:05 pm
There are loan gemach you can borrow from if you don’t have money saved up for the down payment, but the monthly payment will be higher

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:17 pm
FTR for many many years all israelis secular as well split the payment of an apartment 50/50 for the new couple. There was not even really mortgages back in the day. The two sets of parents would meet before the wedding to hash out who could commit to giving what.

Hugs and hatzlocha to op and everyone

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:51 pm
In Israel? In the states we couldn’t afford to buy until the housing market crash and I’m mid-forties.

House prices have gotten worse. In this market I could never have afforded the house I live in, and I can never move. Especially not to Israel! It’s way more money!

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:57 pm
we're in the US and were only able to afford after close to 10 years of marriage, with low interest rates and living in a tiny OOT community with very small purchase price - and a substantial interest free loan from a distant relative. No way we could have afforded in-town or Israel... I'm sorry OP! Hopefully the situation will improve soon for all, it sounds like you aren't alone.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 7:33 pm
We’re married 15 years and still don’t own a house besides for our many other expenses which aren’t fully covered. Most of my friend’s and family had their parents or in laws help them but we don’t have either. We BH have a big beautiful family and Hashem knows what we need. IYH when he thinks the time is right he’ll give us a house. Just keep davening! Yeshuas Hashem Kheref Ayin!

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 1:22 pm
greetings from another happy renter in her forties
[I'll also be a happy owner - promise]
My father in himmel is likewise doesn't reside in His own home
He is waiting for us !
שיבנה בית המקדש במהרה בימינו
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions