Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No money
Previous  1  2

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:41 am
We also currently have nothing in the bank till the end of the month.
I did get some school supplies and got supermarket school shoes for the kids, and gemach for most of the uniform.
BH rent is paid but nothing left for food.
We are eating literally what's left in the house or going for free at our local food bank . And this will be for the next month at least.
We live somewhere without food stamps so....
BH I have seen Hashem swoop in with a yeshua each time we are in this position...so I'm hanging on...davening ....
stay strong ladies and take help where you can.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:55 am
OP, I have $300 maaser money I want to send you. I used to not give maaser telling myself I needed the money for my family more, but recently I took on a hachlata to be more careful with this. I want to use the money to help people who really need it. If you share an email address where people can send a paypal, it would be as much a tovah for us as for you. I am serious about this. I am also short on money but not quite in your situation. I believe if we are all there for each other nobody would ever come to this.

BTW in a different thread I offered to buy a convection oven for a poster who said her oven is broken and cant afford to repair it. That offer still stands.

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 9:31 am
I feel for you as I'm in the same boat.
My husband gets disability but it's a drop in the bucket when it comes in it goes out the same day.
I lost my job because of COVID and can't find another job that fits my family situation, I still have my part time job that pays nothing.

We got a letter from the bank that we owe over 100,000 in loans which I sure hope is a mistake. Yes we owe but not that much. They are threatening they will take our home. We have no money but we don't qualify for food stamps because we make $100 too much.

I would love to help you but unfortunately I can't but I do have new boys pants and tshirts for a 11 orr 12 yr old, I could give you.
I'm in Monsey.

I know how it is. Good luck.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:00 am
What does your husband do for a living? Do you work? Ages of kids?

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:34 am
If someone in the 5 towns needs clothing or food I can help. Or if amothers who need help have a way of getting here.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:54 pm
If you need food and are in or near Brooklyn Reb Shayele's Kitchen in Williamsburg has a Thursday grocery giveaway 541 Bedford Ave at 6:30

Cloud9

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Rent was due the 1st.
I have no money to pay it

I would like to help. How much is you rent?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 1:03 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
I feel for you as I'm in the same boat.
My husband gets disability but it's a drop in the bucket when it comes in it goes out the same day.
I lost my job because of COVID and can't find another job that fits my family situation, I still have my part time job that pays nothing.

We got a letter from the bank that we owe over 100,000 in loans which I sure hope is a mistake. Yes we owe but not that much. They are threatening they will take our home. We have no money but we don't qualify for food stamps because we make $100 too much.

I would love to help you but unfortunately I can't but I do have new boys pants and tshirts for a 11 orr 12 yr old, I could give you.
I'm in Monsey.

I know how it is. Good luck.

If you're so close to the food stamps threshold, could you cut your hours in order to qualify?

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 1:26 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
If you're so close to the food stamps threshold, could you cut your hours in order to qualify?

No has nothing to do with me it has to do with my husband's disability.
Trust me we tried everything. Had a friend who is a elder lawyer who deals with Medicaid try to work the numbers.
They don't take into account for Jewish life style and boys sitting and learning in yeshiva and not out working at 18.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 2:41 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
OP, I have $300 maaser money I want to send you. I used to not give maaser telling myself I needed the money for my family more, but recently I took on a hachlata to be more careful with this. I want to use the money to help people who really need it. If you share an email address where people can send a paypal, it would be as much a tovah for us as for you. I am serious about this. I am also short on money but not quite in your situation. I believe if we are all there for each other nobody would ever come to this.

BTW in a different thread I offered to buy a convection oven for a poster who said her oven is broken and cant afford to repair it. That offer still stands.

I never saw that thread but if that poster is reading this- my husband does appliance repair and can help u if u arent able to afford it

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:14 pm
I would love to donate as well if there is some way to do so
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics