Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Street pavers in BP moved my car to a no standing spot and I

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:21 pm
Street pavers in BP moved my car from a perfectly legal spot, to a no standing spot, I assume because they wanted to pave the street below my car, and when I got my car today I saw I got a $115 ticket today for what was totally beyond my control.

There was absolutely no warning on the street not to park there either yesterday or today. There is no way I could have known.

At last the pavers should have stuck something on my car to show ticket people that they moved it, so I wouldnt have gotten a ticket.

What a headache.

WWYD?

rising hero

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:23 pm
Try to find cameras that recorded it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:25 pm
Madam F. wrote:
Try to find cameras that recorded it?

It was on 48th street off 12th avenue. Its a residential area. How would I know if theres cameras there anywhere?

rising hero

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It was on 48th street off 12th avenue. Its a residential area. How would I know if theres cameras there anywhere?

Maybe the hotel has a camera? Find out tell them what happened. Even residential cameras.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:00 pm
I saw that happen once.
There was an oversized load procession that towed a car from a regular spot to a bus stop.
They didn’t bother moving it back after the trailer had passed.
I felt bad for the car owner and hoped his car was still there in the morning.

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:01 pm
I had that once and when I tried to talk to them they used every curse word in the world.
Oh well.... NYC...

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:03 pm
You can easily dispute the ticket. Write them a letter and mail it back with the ticket. I’ve done that many times and received a note back that I either did or did not have to pay the fine. Very often they will acknowledge the letter and waive the fee.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:06 pm
Print out the schedule from the link to prove that the block was being paved that day and tell them your story. This is your best evidence. Make sure to print it out tonight or tomorow since you can't go backwards on the schedule rather it shows the current week only (you will not have access to this week's schedule next week). Make sure to expand 48th street to show all the blocks being paved today.
https://nycstreets.net/Pavemen.....ule/B

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:17 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
Print out the schedule from the link to prove that the block was being paved that day and tell them your story. This is your best evidence. Make sure to print it out tonight or tomorow since you can't go backwards on the schedule rather it shows the current week only (you will not have access to this week's schedule next week). Make sure to expand 48th street to show all the blocks being paved today.
https://nycstreets.net/Pavemen.....ule/B

Thanks!

But, I just completed my dispute online with a clear letter, and I think I cant add to it once I submitted it.

amother
Tuberose

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!

But, I just completed my dispute online with a clear letter, and I think I cant add to it once I submitted it.

Maybe save a copy of this info anyway, in case they ask for more proof.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:19 am
Try to contact the council Kalman Yegers office. Or simcha eichenstein?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries