Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kohen flight

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:32 pm
Does anyone know which flights from newark and JFK to tel aviv a kohen can fly on?

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 9:18 pm
ELAL from Newark, but it may have changed.
There is also one flight every night from JFK.
Ask your travel agent.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 9:21 pm
Here’s a link with updated info.
https://thelakewoodscoop.com/n.....mmer/

Seems like there is one nightly flight from JFK, and the ones from EWR were terminated.

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 9:41 pm
Are these the flights that avoid flying over cemeteries and don't carry bodies to Israel for burial?

Just saying, though, that's no guarantee. My relatives just flew to Israel from JFK a couple of weeks ago and an elderly gentleman had a medical emergency on the flight and actually died. The plane was met at the TLV airport by EMTs and police to remove the meis before anyone else could disembark.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:02 pm
Does anyone know if the 11:50 P.M. flight from JFK if the one that is coffin free?

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:04 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
Are these the flights that avoid flying over cemeteries and don't carry bodies to Israel for burial?

Just saying, though, that's no guarantee. My relatives just flew to Israel from JFK a couple of weeks ago and an elderly gentleman had a medical emergency on the flight and actually died. The plane was met at the TLV airport by EMTs and police to remove the meis before anyone else could disembark.

Nothing to do with flying... You can be in a house with anybody who randomly drops dead chv

Cspybe

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 9:44 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
Nothing to do with flying... You can be in a house with anybody who randomly drops dead chv

But it takes a minute to leave the house. On a flight you're stuck until landing.
It's definitely a risk.

My husband's a kohein. We lived in a row of terraced houses a few years back, and we were awakened at 4am by the neighbour because their elderly father died in the night. Not only did my husband and son have to leave the house till the meis was removed, but I had to as well. Because I was pregnant and possibly carrying a kohein.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics