Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Time Sensitive: Large Payout check to Toyota is lost. WWYD?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 1:24 pm
Our payout check to Toyota is a bank check (as instructed by Toyota) thats almost like cash in the mail because its been deducted from our acct already, and it isnt showing up by tracking for almost a week, from New York to Iowa.

USPS Tracking says what it said the day we mailed it: "Status: Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item". This tracking number has no sign of life/movement.

Check cant be stopped for 90 days because its for more than $5,000.

We can take out insurance called "lost instrument bond" for $750.

Bank cant help us, USPS supervisor cant help us, Toyota cant help us. Were being told to wait for it to show up at Toyota.

Were supposed to know that any bank check for over $5,000 cant be stopped for 90 days? Shouldnt someone at the bank have told us anything, before making up the check?

WWYD?

groovy1224

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 2:14 pm
Wow that is so stressful. I was going to say the only option I know if is that indemnity bond, but I didn't realize it was that expensive. Might be the only option at a certain point though.

Was it sent via registered mail? You said USPS can't help you..they won't allow you to submit a claim?

So sorry you're dealing with this!!

amother
Wallflower

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 3:17 pm
I feel for you. I went thru this agony last week but bh in the end Honda did cash .the check . I have not received any papers yet but at least they got the check. I did send it thru priority mail so I can track it but USPS ain't the greatest. Tracking doesn't show up right away. (Couldn't use other methods of sending because it was going to a PO Box.)

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 6:43 pm
Did it turn up?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics