Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Did you ever lose 5 or more pounds in

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:06 pm
2 weeks? I’m not asking if this is healthy or if it’ll last…I don’t care if I gain it all back I just want to know if it’s possible.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
2 weeks? I’m not asking if this is healthy or if it’ll last…I don’t care if I gain it all back I just want to know if it’s possible.

If you limit your calories like crazy, probably.
Definitely not healthy and you probably won't feel very good.

amother
Forsythia

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:11 pm
If you want to do this in a healthy way then just exercise 5 days and sweat out the water weight. You will probably gain it back unless you keep exercising.

Also, eat very healthy and try a vegetarian diet for those 2 weeks. Add in fiber to every meal - fruits vegetables.

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:12 pm
Yes its possible to severe self control!

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:20 pm
Yes I lost 5 lbs in one week when I went on weight watchers. - 7lbs by week 2.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:21 pm
Quote:

Almost exactly the same by me!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:26 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
Quote:

Almost exactly the same by me!
but you probably had a lot to lose? I only lose 1 pound a week on weight watchers even in the beginning.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
but you probably had a lot to lose? I only lose 1 pound a week on weight watchers even in the beginning.

I had 30lbs to lose at the time. Lost all 30 in a little over 2 months.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 6:40 pm
Quote:

I lost 25 lbs in 6 months. But the biggest loss was in those first 2 weeks.
After 25 lbs I was at my goal weight. I started about a year after my 4th kid was born and it was all the excess weight from each pregnancy, but it wasn't like I was crazy overweight to start with.
This though was on their old program. I tried it again recently and hated the new program, quit after a week

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 7:20 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
Quote:

I lost 25 lbs in 6 months. But the biggest loss was in those first 2 weeks.
After 25 lbs I was at my goal weight. I started about a year after my 4th kid was born and it was all the excess weight from each pregnancy, but it wasn't like I was crazy overweight to start with.
This though was on their old program. I tried it again recently and hated the new program, quit after a week

Same! I liked the old program better! I wish they still had it as an option.

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, Aug 06 2022, 11:23 pm
I lost 15 lbs in 1 month, I went walking for 40 min 4 times a week, and drank mostly coffee, ate sliced cheese chumus etc no carbs. I would weigh myself every morning. It takes tons of self control.

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Aug 06 2022, 11:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I once lost 8 pounds in a week. The worst week of my life. I was in so much emotional pain I was basically starving myself. I kept it off for about a year after that. And I wasn’t overweight. Losing those 8 pounds brought me down to a small size 2.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sat, Aug 06 2022, 11:49 pm
Yes, but I was sick. It was beyond awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone!
Wishing everyone good health and healthy body perspectives.

snooper86

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 2:05 am
With the ball diet (Sadkhin) you probably can depending on your weight.

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 2:08 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I had 30lbs to lose at the time. Lost all 30 in a little over 2 months.

What diet, lifestyle changes did you do? I need to lose that +++

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 2:32 am
I lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks when I was by a special dietician. Years ago.
Since then, I'm happy with 7 pounds off in 2 weeks. It's definitely possible!

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 6:23 am
I lost that and more multiple times. Lost 10/wk on fad diets. There was one I tried as a teen that was specific menu that guaranteed 15lbs in two weeks (don’t recall the menu but it worked every time) and I’ve lost up to 25 in two weeks. Yes I have a lot to lose.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 6:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Sure, and I've lost more than that, also.

It's called hyperemesis gravidarum, or HG for short. You should try it. Lasts until month 5 or 6 of your pregnancy and knocks you out of commission, and eats your muscles.

If weight is that important to you, I highly suggest you try HG. You don't even have to try to diet, it'll come naturally - you won't want to eat anything, and if you do try to eat, you'll puke it up (at least for the first few months).

[Sorry for the sarcasm, I lost 14 kilo since before Pesach, finally stopped losing, and then lost another kilo somehow in the past month. Losing weight fast has become a touchy topic and pet peeve for me.]

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 7:45 am
yes, on keto. 3 lbs each first 2 weeks, 1.5 the last week.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 8:06 am
I lost that years ago on weight watchers
First week was about 3 pounds. Second week around 1.5 pounds and then every week there was a small loss between a half a pound to 1 pound… once in a while the weight loss would be a drop more or a drop less. eventually I lost 25 pounds in 6 months.
I tried doing it again but I’m older and my metabolism has slowed down. In addition I found myself constantly cheating. The first time I lost I was single. Now I’m in a house with kids and lots of different types of food and it’s much harder to stay on track. I still believe weight watchers works the best if you stick with it. It’s not a diet. It’s a food plan. Lots of choices. You don’t starve or feel deprived. Obviously thousands of people are losing or they wouldn’t have such a thriving business.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise