Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Diet for Hypothyroidism
Previous  1  2

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:50 am
synthy wrote:
I would totally go gf if I knew it would help. I don't want to turn my life upside down for nothing...

Ok I know I'm being dramatic. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me they did it and it worked.

I can tell you my story.
At one point I decided I will try and cure my Hashimoto‘s. I wanted to go off l-thyrpxin - just for the sake of it. I see no issues being on it.

I was taking l thyroxin 75 after my baby in 2012
Then my dosage raised to 88 after the next baby in 2015.

I kept at it for a few years until it was discovered due to next pregnancy that I am in a major deficit and my dose was raised to 150

I miscarried this time (and a few more times) and ended up taking a regimen of 100/125 for a while, till 2021
I went gf two years ago in 2020
In 2021 I got pregnant taking 100/125 and had a baby. After the baby my TSH was too high and we kept lowering the dose.
In the end I settled at 88 now. So I am now as low as 7 years ago, after having been in the hundred for a while.
I do think it is a progress! Hope to go even lower.

synthy

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 2:11 am
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm considering keto, which is mostly gluten free anyhow. My endocrinologist said I'll need to increase my synthroid dosage when I'm pregnant, and I'm currently at 125 so any amount I could lower it before becoming pregnant again would be a bonus. Wish me luck!

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 2:14 am
synthy wrote:
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm considering keto, which is mostly gluten free anyhow. My endocrinologist said I'll need to increase my synthroid dosage when I'm pregnant, and I'm currently at 125 so any amount I could lower it before becoming pregnant again would be a bonus. Wish me luck!

Have you already settled after your previous baby?

I do wish you that your hypothyroidism goes away!
I had zero issies in my 1st pregnancy, but after my 2nd child I was diagnosed with Hashimoto based on my blood work (antibodies) and sono (thyroid gland had a porous structure).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise