Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Letting baby cry
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 3:59 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
This is true but for newborns specifically. Maybe til 6 months. Not for a 7m old.

I don’t buy into that either. Instant, less than 30 seconds? That’s just fear mongering.

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:02 pm
People who think babies should never cry don't live in reality. They spit out this propaganda to make other women feel guilty. Nobody is saying to let a baby cry for an hour but 30 seconds??? Crying is a form of communication. It means baby is in pain or irritated so we figure out what's wrong. Some babies cry because they're tired. Some babies fall asleep easier than others. A woman doesn't cease existing because she became a mom.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:21 pm
shaqued_almond wrote:
People who think babies should never cry don't live in reality. They spit out this propaganda to make other women feel guilty. Nobody is saying to let a baby cry for an hour but 30 seconds??? Crying is a form of communication. It means baby is in pain or irritated so we figure out what's wrong. Some babies cry because they're tired. Some babies fall asleep easier than others. A woman doesn't cease existing because she became a mom.

Right! And it causes people to have break downs and ppd. It’s so dangerous to pretend this is reality and that babies are not allowed to cry for a few minutes.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:22 pm
I wonder what you all would say about my baby who cries to be put in the bed at bedtime, then cries when she's put down for 2 min then gets comfy and goes to sleep. It's the baby equivalent of my toddler whining- letting me know she's annoyed about something and not in a good mood.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:26 pm
amother [ Bottlebrush ] wrote:
I wonder what you all would say about my baby who cries to be put in the bed at bedtime, then cries when she's put down for 2 min then gets comfy and goes to sleep. It's the baby equivalent of my toddler whining- letting me know she's annoyed about something and not in a good mood.

I would say she’s communicating the only way she knows how, and good job listening to her. Lucky her she isn’t being reprogrammed to lose all her natural abilities.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:43 pm
Ladies, there are so many angry defensive responses.
Yes, ideally babies thrive when we respond immediately to their cries. Life happens and many times that can’t happen unfortunately. It’s still good to know the ideal so we can be attuned to our babies as much as possible.
The main point is that there isn’t something good about “training” baby to cry for 30 seconds. If you are standing there anyways, go ahead and pick baby up and soothe them if need be.
If you are in the bathroom and unable to be there that’s ok too.
This is most important at the newborn stage but still remains important throughout babyhood.

imaima

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:44 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Being home taking care of a baby all by yourself is difficult and unnatural.

What? What is natural then? Juggling a full time job in between?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics