Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Think I messed up on my bc pill, dr closed, advice??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:23 pm
I was planning to take my pill after the fast but decided it doesn't hurt to call a rav and see if I can take it with water today. He said it's better to crush it in a drop of water than use water to take it regularly, so I did. Then realized a second after that maybe it's not effective if crushed- quick google search said some pills are not effective if crushed. The instructions of my pill (slynd) did not say, all it says it that they are taken whole. What should I do? Is it safe to take two pills in one day if I take an extra one whole after the fast? Or should I leave it with this crushed one and assume that even if you miss one pill you're still protected (I think that's how it works??) Don't want to risk pregnancy now

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:27 pm
I would just take a proper pill after the fast ends with water just in case. It’s perfectly safe to take 2 pills in one day. (Once my ob who was trying to help me stop spotting let me take like 5 pills at once so 2 is for sure fine).

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:44 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
I would just take a proper pill after the fast ends with water just in case. It’s perfectly safe to take 2 pills in one day. (Once my ob who was trying to help me stop spotting let me take like 5 pills at once so 2 is for sure fine).

That's what I'm thinking, but I wish I could call to make sure it's safe

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:45 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]That's what I'm thinking, but I wish I could call to make sure it's safe[/quote

My OB had me taking multiple pills for days in the row. I really think you’re fine taking 2 pills just once.

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:47 pm
Try your pharmacy. If they’re still open. They’ll know.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:48 pm
I think it is fine as well... you can always call the pharmacist..

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 5:08 pm
good idea but they're closed:(
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note