Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
If you gave birth a day after tisha bav or YK, how did you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:50 pm
have strength to push?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:52 pm
Adrenaline. Your body takes over.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:56 pm
Morning after Tisha B’Av.

That baby came out one two three.

BShaah Tovah

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:22 am
I was overdue and hoping that fasting would finally put me into labor. Ironically, it was my easiest fast ever! I didn’t have time for an epidural so believe me I pushed my hardest to get that painful labor over and done with!

tree of life

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:28 am
28 years ago I went to sleep at 12 after fasting tishabav went in to labour 330 in the morning laboured the whole day in those days you stayed in bed not moved around but at the end was exhausted she was born yud aleph missed yid by 15 minutes .
I think it was long labour first baby and also had to stay in bed and plus after fasting
My first daughter was born happy birthday

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 5:32 am
Motzai Yom Kippur. The saline drips I received during labor helped tremendously.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:19 am
YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUSH IN ORDER TO HAVE A BABY

that's what all those contractions are for! Women in comas have given birth. Follow your body, push gently, and you will be fine. I gave birth to 5 of my 6 babies like that, ignoring the doctor saying to push harder. Two of mine were with no stitches, the others with very small tears. The babies were all just fine, even the one who had some heart rate decels due to a cord around the neck.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 7:05 pm
DD was born the day after Yom Kippur. I had a scheduled induction, since I did NOT go into labor from fasting despite the fact that I was long overdue. I made sure to eat a big breakfast, and then we had to wait over 4 hours for a room since the hospital was so busy! By that time, I had already gone into labor (yay!) Still took a long time, so she wasn't born til late at night. I was really exhausted by that time, but had no issues pushing. At that point, I just wanted it to be over and used all my strength to get it over with. Few hours after birth, I ate the best meal I ever had in my life! Don't remember what I ate, but I still remember how good it felt to eat lol.
Anyway, b'shaa tova to all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note