Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
S/O How do people eat meat and chicken after a fast?
Previous  1  2

SG18

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:45 am
We do a בשרי soup- last night chicken broth with vegetables and matzah balls, last fast was a minestrone soup with meat.
(Sephardi, we were told meat was allowed after the fast due to the nidche)

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 6:47 am
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
My guess is that it's more about the convenience of serving left-overs rather than preparing a new meal. I really couldn't have sat down to a meat meal. But then again, we're not allowed to until tomorrow so it's not an option anyhow.

My husband generally breaks his fast on steak, so no leftovers for him :-)

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:23 am
We only do it motzei YK because there's an inyan. It's not as late as the summer fasts so that makes it easier.

mizle10

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:35 am
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
I really think you’re overthinking her intent. I think it’s more “you haven’t eaten for 24 hours, how is it not too heavy?” That’s all. Plain and simple. Why do people complain during the days? Because dairy and parve is not as heavy as meat, and therefore not as filling. So now, she’s asking how can one eat something so heavy after not eating for so long? How are people able to do it?

They like it and it doesn’t hurt their stomach. That’s how.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:48 am
On YK my family prefers dairy and fish but I prefer meat. Or scrambled eggs. I guess. As long as there’s enough of it to date me, really.

I also don’t believe in ‘heavy’ or ‘light’ foods. I believe that good either makes me feel good or it doesn’t. I don’t eat food that doesn’t make me feel good. Especially after a fast. But no, every day, really either.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note