Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Am I the only one who didnt discuss choson class with my son
Previous  1  2

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 7:45 pm
I don't believe it's appropriate for a mother to discuss chosson classes with her son any more than it's appropriate for a dad to discuss kallah classes with his daughter. Isn't this why people go to chosson/kallah classes to begin with? Because it's very very uncomfortable to discuss these topics with one's parents or children? Otherwise your mother could be your kallah teacher and you wouldn't need to go to classes at all.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 7:56 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
A class isn't really 'personal.' The kid has no s-xual experience yet and the parent isn't discussing their own. It's just information--on a subject people feel awkward about.

You need to elaborate what topics need to be discussed. I don't think s-x necessarily should be discussed child to parent. We all have different experiences. Each couple is different. If an issue comes up, the couple will figure it out. From what my husband told me, between his rebbe and a few sefarim it was enough. Any issue that came up we talked about to each other. If a couple can't do that they should be married.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 8:16 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
I don't believe it's appropriate for a mother to discuss chosson classes with her son any more than it's appropriate for a dad to discuss kallah classes with his daughter. Isn't this why people go to chosson/kallah classes to begin with? Because it's very very uncomfortable to discuss these topics with one's parents or children? Otherwise your mother could be your kallah teacher and you wouldn't need to go to classes at all.
you’re mentioning two different things. The other gender parent talking about marriage prep class with their kid and parents teaching kids at all.
I’ll address the second. The lchatchila is for moms to teach daughters. Many people get trained as teachers in order to be qualified to teach their kids. ,most are uncomfortable or feel they can’t for some reason so they outsource the job and pay someone to do it. But it’s the parent’s responsibility.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:40 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
My heart just lurched at your description, above poster, of packing with your son the night before his wedding , and then that’s it !! My oldest son is 16, I have quite a few after him , and I can’t imagine how hard that must be ! I love my boys to pieces ! And to OP, I think you’re doing just fine. You sound like a great mother who just misses her son and worries about him.

Me too
This is not happening!

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 4:17 am
agreer wrote:
Am I the only one wondering what on earth you would talk about re: chosson classes?

Like, you want to know what the rebbi taught him? Or you want to know if he understands?

I'm so confused.

Please elaborate.

I sat my son down and had a clear talk about BC.
I think he was not super comfortable about it but I dont care.
I wanted to make sure he knew that it is very commanly used and allowed by even the most yeshivish rabanim.
I wanted that in his mind for the future.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:36 am
OP you are probably just missing your son.

Boruch hashem (you raised him well ) so he is not a mamas boy and is detaching from you and attaching to his wife.

Shep nachas realizing how they clique with each other and get on together.

Trust me, it is beyond heart wrenching when you see the opposite.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children