Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vermont isn’t working out, so onto the next…..UPDATE
Previous  1  2

mom of 8

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:42 pm
Kosher springs . Check it out online. We really enjoyed our stay there. Doesn't have a private pool. But has separate swimming hours. A shul. And an option to order groceries and takeout. And tons to do in the area and on that resort. They give you a binder with info when you get there

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:57 pm
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
OP, did you reserve any of these aribnb's?
I would love if you can tell me what your plans ended up being-I'm still trying to put together some kind of vacation!!!
Thank you

Nope, nothing was available for the entirety of the dates we wanted….still trying to get away, not sure where we are going to go though…

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:58 pm
mom of 8 wrote:
Kosher springs . Check it out online. We really enjoyed our stay there. Doesn't have a private pool. But has separate swimming hours. A shul. And an option to order groceries and takeout. And tons to do in the area and on that resort. They give you a binder with info when you get there

Amazing, going to check it out now, thank you!!

Eisheschayil123

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 8:50 pm
Op any luck yet?
I was wondering if the person who posted about the kosher program by Killington Mountain would share details about which program and where it is. Would they be excluding outsiders to their minyonim?
I saw a couple pools when I searched Airbnb’s but not in Vermont. I think there may have been 1 in the Catskills. I’ll check my wishlist.

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:03 pm
This one is in Windham ,ny with pool
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5.....94d19

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 1:59 pm
Eisheschayil123 wrote:
Op any luck yet?
I was wondering if the person who posted about the kosher program by Killington Mountain would share details about which program and where it is. Would they be excluding outsiders to their minyonim?
I saw a couple pools when I searched Airbnb’s but not in Vermont. I think there may have been 1 in the Catskills. I’ll check my wishlist.

Turns out my daughter has a swim dress that I forgot about, so things just got a lot easier!! I sent my husband about 15-20 links for houses in Vermont, all with access to the clubhouse pool. Hopefully we will book something today.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 10:15 am
I think we found a place to stay….but it looks like it’s supposed to rain most of the week next week!!!
How yucky is that???

Eisheschayil123

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 11:38 pm
It's not supposed to rain all day. It looks like rain in the early morning then again towards evening, but it seems like it will be dry most of the days.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 8:37 am
Eisheschayil123 wrote:
It's not supposed to rain all day. It looks like rain in the early morning then again towards evening, but it seems like it will be dry most of the days.

Oh good!! I didn’t look at the actual forecast, just the 10 day forecast.
So now I can plan things to do not just indoors….and hopefully the kids will be able to get in some swimming too, after all that!!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 10:57 pm
How did your trip end up working out OP?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 8:04 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
How did your trip end up working out OP?

It was really nice!! I went myself with three kids on Monday, and my husband and everyone else joined us on Thursday night/Friday morning. (He had a hatzalah thing that he couldn’t miss on Thursday, and one of my kids didn’t want to miss camp!)
We went to the Vermont bear factory, and we went shoe/clothing shopping. We spent Thursday moving from one house to another because the first house didn’t have air conditioning!! It was fine while we were out for the day, but it would have been a disaster over shabbos. BH the second house we went to was really beautiful, and the area was very nice as well. We came home last night. Took the kids out for dinner before coming home so we wouldn’t have to deal with it when we got home. Coolers are already unpacked, one load of laundry is already in, most suitcases are already unpacked….all in all, it was a great getaway, a much needed break from NY and the monotony of everyday life.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 8:05 am
Anyone want to offer ideas for where to go next summer? Hopefully I won’t be 7/8 months pregnant, but I will IYH have a 9 month old baby, so mobility will still be limited.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Turns out my daughter has a swim dress that I forgot about, so things just got a lot easier!! I sent my husband about 15-20 links for houses in Vermont, all with access to the clubhouse pool. Hopefully we will book something today.

I'm confused. When you said your daughter didn't want to use a mixed pool, you meant with or without a swim dress? Cause if she's ok swimming in a mixed pool with a swim dress couldn't you just have ordered one and saved the headache?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics