Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Rochel Monsey
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:22 am
Can anyone fill me up with the latest Bais Rochel news? Are they splitting up? If yes, how will the devide work? How will they differ and who will send to either school? Should I consider it for my high-school daugher or it's too shaky now?

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:24 am
Afaik, they are not splitting up. A new school is opening and many parents from Bais Rochel are sending their girls there.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:32 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Afaik, they are not splitting up. A new school is opening and many parents from Bais Rochel are sending their girls there.

Why what happened??
will they be open to accepting more heimish frum type now?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:34 am
ShishKabob wrote:

yeah but half the staff of the new school are being culled from the old one. not splitting up, ok, whatever you say

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:35 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Why what happened??

Never mind. didn't notice Monsey in the subject

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:36 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
yeah but half the staff of the new school are being culled from the old one. not splitting up, ok, whatever you say
half the staff is walking away on their own, no one is 'culling' them. lol.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:36 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Why what happened??
Call them to find out.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:37 am
It’s only the high school having politics not elementary

amother
OP

What's the name of new school? Will it be better than Bais Rochel? Any parallels?

mandr

What's the "new" school called?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:58 am
mandr wrote:
What's the "new" school called?

very original: bnos rochel

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:59 am
ShishKabob wrote:
half the staff is walking away on their own, no one is 'culling' them. lol.

if you think its funny, you apparently dont have kids in the school. this is a horrible situation that was dealt with horribly on all ends. sorry. not fair to put kids through this.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:01 am
if you think its funny, you apparently dont have kids in the school. this is a horrible situation that was dealt with horribly on all ends. sorry. not fair to put kids through this.
chill, I dont think it's funny. I just wrote lol because I played on the word 'culled'.

Regarding Bais Rochel: What goes around comes around.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:05 am
ShishKabob wrote:
chill, I dont think it's funny. I just wrote lol because I played on the word 'culled'.

Regarding Bais Rochel: What goes around comes around.

look, I dont care about any politics but how is it fair to a 10th grader to have to choose a school now? think of the kids!!! her friends got split up by the politics too. some are going to the new school and have a superior attitude that she hates but the ones who are staying are the "nebs". these ppl split the school. thats what they did. you can word it nicely that a new school is opening but when its the same principal and half the staff as well as half the students, its not just a clean pareve fact, it's a split or revolt and its disgusting to the kids

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:08 am
look, I dont care about any politics but how is it fair to a 10th grader to have to choose a school now? think of the kids!!! her friends got split up by the politics too. some are going to the new school and have a superior attitude that she hates but the ones who are staying are the "nebs". these ppl split the school. thats what they did. you can word it nicely that a new school is opening but when its the same principal and half the staff as well as half the students, its not just a clean pareve fact, it's a split or revolt and its disgusting to the kids
I feel for you really. It's not fun to have to deal with something that you didn't sign up for. I hope that wherever your dd ends up she will thrive and blossom.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:11 am
Wow no fun! What's the # of Bnos Rochel?

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:12 am
Wow that's a horrible situation.
Lots of years ago this happened to a school in a different town. My sister was a parent in that school. She asked her Rav where to send and he told her the people making the new school are Baalei Machlokes and it won't have a kiyum. so she stayed put. It seemed all the frummer, nicer, whatever families were leaving. She was taunted and her kids felt bad. But they stayed with the old school. Within a few short years, the new school fell apart (funding issues, etc...) and the kids were stuck without a school and begging other schools to accept them. BH my sister stayed with the other school and her kids had much more stability.
Don't know the situation with BR (over 40 years ago I went there for kindergarten and my parents switched me to another school as my older siblings were bullied) but it sounds complicated....

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:53 am
I feel sorry for parent body, but this school is always the superior school in Monsey.

It is just a school made out of humans.
Sometimes they do things right,
sometimes they dont.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:07 am
Why are they splitting tho?

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:50 am
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
It’s only the high school having politics not elementary

There's politics in the entire school going on for probably the past 15 years.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics