Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Applying for food stamps

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:34 pm
Is there a frum person/agency who helps applying for food stamps in Brooklyn? I have a unique situation where we're eligible but I'm a bit confused with some specifics in the application and I'm looking for someone who will guide me/do it for me. Willing to pay (within reason)

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:45 pm
https://forms.office.com/Pages.....YNi4u
chesed center boro park

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:54 pm
There are private people who do it for money. But it's not info that people will post on the internet. You have to askpeople irl.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:02 pm
UJO in Williamsburg
Nachas Health Net in BP
Yeled Vyalda does insurance, not sure about this
Met Council

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:12 pm
tweety1 wrote:
There are private people who do it for money. But it's not info that people will post on the internet. You have to askpeople irl.

Can I pm you?

chestnut

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:14 pm
Boro Park JCC

emom1

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:15 pm
UJO

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:38 pm
It's illegal to pay someone to help you apply and it shouldn't cost anything.

We need to stop enabling these people that you pay to sign up for a government program.

Call up SNAP yourself and ask your questions directly they will help you or call one of the organizations.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:43 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
It's illegal to pay someone to help you apply and it shouldn't cost anything.

We need to stop enabling these people that you pay to sign up for a government program.

Call up SNAP yourself and ask your questions directly they will help you or call one of the organizations.
Why is it illegal? They are providing a service to you. They go down and fill out all the paperwork for you. If someone doesn't want to pay then they can go through the process themselves and go spend the time themselves.
Why do you think it's illegal?

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 3:15 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Why is it illegal? They are providing a service to you. They go down and fill out all the paperwork for you. If someone doesn't want to pay then they can go through the process themselves and go spend the time themselves.

No clue on the legalities. It is all online.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 4:12 pm
ShishKabob wrote:

Technically you appoint an Authorized Representative to act on your behalf.

I don't know if it "illegal" to charge for this service but I find it offensive that someone makes money from charging for a service that is free.

The forms to fill out are very straightforward so unless someone is physically or mentally disabled any adult would be able to do it successfully.

Of course maybe the advice being paid for is how to qualify if one doesn't actually meet the qualifications but I have no knowledge of that.

All I know is that whenever I have had to fill out something for the government it is easy to do and if there are questions then you can get answers and I imagine there are people who provide this service for free - I.e. answer questions just as people answer questions on straightforward taxes for free.

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 6:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can I pm you?

No. You're a random stranger on the internet. I won't share such info. I'm sorry.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:27 pm
tweety1 wrote:
No. You're a random stranger on the internet. I won't share such info. I'm sorry.

Ok thanks.
If anyone else has any info I'd appreciate it. I reached out to Met council, waiting to hear back. To those up the thread who maintain that there is no need for such people/organizations unless you're disabled or a crook, as I mentioned in my OP my situation is a bit unique and I got nowhere with SNAP office.

riva

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:32 pm
You can pm me I hope I could be of help.

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok thanks.
If anyone else has any info I'd appreciate it. I reached out to Met council, waiting to hear back. To those up the thread who maintain that there is no need for such people/organizations unless you're disabled or a crook, as I mentioned in my OP my situation is a bit unique and I got nowhere with SNAP office.

Unfortunately that's the attitude on this site. If you have food stamps 99% of the time you're a crook. A situation doesn't have to be unique to be able to qualify truthfully.

SYA

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:20 pm
I sent someone to UJO in Williamsburg and they were able to help them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries