Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
ISO Chabad online school

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:20 pm
I am looking for a Chabad elementary school online. My kids can't go to the one created for Shluchims' kids. Any other ones out there?

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:39 pm
Chabad has an additional online school that is not for the children of Shluchim. It is called Nigri Jewish online school.

tinyspark

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:39 pm
There is a non shluchim option as well on the Nigri online school .
There is also another school
online cheder .
https://www.torahchinuch.com/

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:43 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Chabad has an additional online school that is not for the children of Shluchim. It is called Nigri Jewish online school.

I believe that is just for approximately 2 hours a day. Any other options that have a longer day?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:45 pm
tinyspark wrote:
There is a non shluchim option as well on the Nigri online school .
There is also another school
online cheder .
https://www.torahchinuch.com/

Do you have personal experience with torahchinuch, that you can tell me some information about it?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:37 pm
Jewish online school has an option for an additional chabad hour where the kids learn chassidus, chabad history and chabad special dates on the calendar bringing the school day up to 3 hours. They also have tutoring options which you may be able to split with another family. Definitely reach out to the school.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:06 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Jewish online school has an option for an additional chabad hour where the kids learn chassidus, chabad history and chabad special dates on the calendar bringing the school day up to 3 hours. They also have tutoring options which you may be able to split with another family. Definitely reach out to the school.

Have your kids attended? I would like to find out first hand information if possible. I have called the office.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 3:09 pm
A close family member teaches there.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 4:58 pm
Would you be able to ask the following question to your relative?

Coming from a traditional Chabad Cheder what differences are there in the schedule, materials, and Chassidshe atmosphere from a teacher's perspective? Obviously, there is a major difference between going to school in person vs online. I don't need elaboration on that point. I guess I am wondering since the school administration and faculty are Lubavitch, but the students are not necessarily, how does this play out in terms of the vibe and atmosphere of the class as well as the material taught? Does it teach as though it was a just plain frum school with no mention about the Rebbe and/or Chassidshe ideas? Are a minority or majority of the children in the older classes, for both boys and girls, Lubavitch kids? Is there any other helpful information your relative would give a parent that is looking to make the switch between in person Cheder and JOS? Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated!

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:38 pm
Are you asking about a boy or a girl?
Boys will have considerably less hours than regular cheder so that's reflected in the amount of material covered.
The materials used during the cheder hour are very similar to traditional school. They split the kids by levels more than ages, so so long as your child is on the correct level, the chumash or yahadus is similar. Some teachers will use the Sephardic pronunciation depending on the class. I think this is more common in the evening hour classes.
The two general learning hours are plain learning with no emphasis on chabad. Chumash is chumash and yom tov is yom tov. The divrei Torah may be based on sichos as the teachers are lubavitchers after all. The morning chabad hour is fully chabad. Davening is not done during class time (unless you chose an additional option), so that won't have a conflict.
Lubavitcher kids are a minority. The children are a real mix ranging from not frum at all, to regular frum to strong litvish.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:04 pm
Nigri jewish online school
Its not a covid school, it's a professional school

Depending on the age you can do classes from 9- 2:30 I think.
Forsure speak to the principal. She's so kind and helpful.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:33 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Nigri jewish online school
Its not a covid school, it's a professional school

Depending on the age you can do classes from 9- 2:30 I think.
Forsure speak to the principal. She's so kind and helpful.

The principal of the girl's division? Do you remember the principal's name so I can ask to speak with her specifically? I spoke with someone a while ago. I don't believe it was the principal. I think it was the secretary. I will call them again and find out if they now have a longer day and are teaching additional subjects. Thank you for the information!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:29 pm
Thank you amother maroon for your lengthy and informative reply. It was very helpful! I am looking for information regarding both the girl's and boy's division.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The principal of the girl's division? Do you remember the principal's name so I can ask to speak with her specifically? I spoke with someone a while ago. I don't believe it was the principal. I think it was the secretary. I will call them again and find out if they now have a longer day and are teaching additional subjects. Thank you for the information!

Chanie Hertzel is the principal but she probably doesn't deal with enrollment

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:18 pm
She would be great at answering all of op 's questions. Definitely call her.

tree of life

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 4:03 pm
https://collive.com/nigri-jewi.....taff/

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 6:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have your kids attended? I would like to find out first hand information if possible. I have called the office.

I teach there happy to answer any questions you may have.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics