Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Arizona in the summer
Previous  1  2

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 6:27 pm
Same

amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I live here and I feel like I'm dying every day. It's bad. Like really really bad. No it doesn't help that it's a dry heat when it's 115 degrees. We are desperate to get out of here for the summers. Don't do it!!

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:52 am
What they all said. It gets dangerously hot. Nobody who lives there goes out during the day except to jump into a pool or get into an air conditioned car to drive to an air conditioned building. You can literally be cooked if you spend time outdoors during the day.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:48 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
We checked online and it is about 80 degrees in Flagstaff. Can anyone verify if the heat is unbearable in 80 degrees? Also is it very rainy now in Arizona? Tia

Flagstaff is pleasant during the summer temperature-wise. The southwest is currently in its monsoon season, so it does rain, but usually only in the late afternoons / evenings. There are active flash flood warnings around Flagstaff this year because of recent wildfires, so keep that in mind. There are many other places in Arizona one can go during the summer where it isn't so hot, like Payson, Pinetop, Prescott, Sunrise Park, Strawberry. If you're willing to drive a few hours out of valley, you'll be able to enjoy the outdoors all summer long.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics