Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO new vacuum - cordless or regular?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 6:40 pm
I have a Robot, so that’s not something I’m looking for now.
I’m looking for a new vacuum cleaner for a small home, not very heavy use.
The cordless seem very tempting but I’m wondering what the pros and cons are. I am not in the mood of a big heavy machine with short cord that I have to keep placing into a different outlet!

Can you share if you’re happy with your cordless, what the pros and cons are, and which one you have?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 6:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a Robot, so that’s not something I’m looking for now.
I’m looking for a new vacuum cleaner for a small home, not very heavy use.
The cordless seem very tempting but I’m wondering what the pros and cons are. I am not in the mood of a big heavy machine with short cord that I have to keep placing into a different outlet!

Can you share if you’re happy with your cordless, what the pros and cons are, and which one you have?

You might want to edit your title….

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 6:44 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

LOL LOL LOL

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 6:46 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

LOL thanks! One thing we do NOT need now is a new vaccine😝😝

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 6:47 pm
Personally I was happy with the regular vaccine. But so many posters here are opposed to it due to side effects, perhaps the cordless one might go over better... LOL

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:03 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
Personally I was happy with the regular vaccine. But so many posters here are opposed to it due to side effects, perhaps the cordless one might go over better... LOL

Staaaap! I need real answers please 🤩

dovebird

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:11 pm
I love love love my Dyson. Even in a (very) small apartment I got tons of use out if it. I don't have a robot vaccume in addition to it though so that might make a difference. They have great customer service, it's lightweight, comes with different peices for different areas, has great suction, and is CORDLESS. The only con I could think of is the price.

GrowingUp

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:17 pm
I got a cordless recently. Love it so far!

Pros:
lightweight (my three year old can push it)
Cordless (I’ve cleaned my car with it, so convenient!)
Works well for hard floors and carpet

Cons:
Battery life (I can’t do my whole house in one charge)
Narrow path, half the width of my corded vacuum. Which can also be a plus for small spaces.

Since getting it a few weeks ago, haven’t used my corded vacuum. So definitely more convenient. Also haven’t used a broom much. It’s works amazing around the table and between the chairs

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:29 pm
I recommend a cordless dyson

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:23 pm
Thank you the replies are very helpful.
So the battery life is concerning to me. Are any of them longer lasting than others? Also, do they charge in stations that take up space or just a charger in the wall?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:24 pm
And is the narrow path annoying are just something to get used to?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:26 pm
I see the dyson has great reviews but really is pricey! Any dupes?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 9:54 pm
Can you link the cordless dyson?

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you the replies are very helpful.
So the battery life is concerning to me. Are any of them longer lasting than others? Also, do they charge in stations that take up space or just a charger in the wall?

dyson 7 and higher have the better battery. I don't know of any good dupes, but I'd get an older version of the dyson any day over a copycat brand. I tried two different ones on Amazon over the years, and they both broke very quickly.

I have a dyson 6, so the shorter battery life, and it doesn't bother me too much since I don't have a lot of carpet. But I would love to upgrade eventually. I might have even purchased it refurbished off the dyson site; I remember getting an excellent deal because of the old model. I've had it for years and it's still going strong even after using it a bunch of times for things I should have lol. It's definitely an investment.

Not familiar with prices now, but if the 7 is still available and reasonable priced, I'd go with it. You don't need the newer models for an excellent machine.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 12:14 am
https://www.amazon.com/Shark-L.....ss_tl

LOVE this vacuum. Use it for carpets and floors, cleans well, good attachments, decent battery life and the battery slips out for easy charging-and I believe you can purchase a separate battery so you can have both charged and pop the next one in if youre doing a big job and you run out

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 12:15 am
nicole81 wrote:
dyson 7 and higher have the better battery. I don't know of any good dupes, but I'd get an older version of the dyson any day over a copycat brand. I tried two different ones on Amazon over the years, and they both broke very quickly.

I have a dyson 6, so the shorter battery life, and it doesn't bother me too much since I don't have a lot of carpet. But I would love to upgrade eventually. I might have even purchased it refurbished off the dyson site; I remember getting an excellent deal because of the old model. I've had it for years and it's still going strong even after using it a bunch of times for things I should have lol. It's definitely an investment.

Not familiar with prices now, but if the 7 is still available and reasonable priced, I'd go with it. You don't need the newer models for an excellent machine.

TUSM!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 12:16 am
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Shark-L.....ss_tl

LOVE this vacuum. Use it for carpets and floors, cleans well, good attachments, decent battery life and the battery slips out for easy charging-and I believe you can purchase a separate battery so you can have both charged and pop the next one in if youre doing a big job and you run out

Thanks! Quite pricey as well I’d probably stick to dyson if I decide to spend this money

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 5:35 am
Dyson and Shark are popular. One of them has a model where you need a button to be pressed constantly in order to use it and that's model isn't recommended acc. to my FB group.
I have a Miele (made in germany. That says everything) with very long cord. Very happy with it.
One thing to take into consideration is the cost of replacement batteries and if you can get it easily. Example: I needed a new rubber gasket for my excellent American Amana fridge before Pesach. The israeli distributor was completely sold out. I ordered one and paid in advance (very very expensive one!) and I waited around three months before it arrived.
One more reason why to stick to the old fashioned vacuum cleaner with cord.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics