Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
My son ate our chocolate cake & brownies
Previous  1  2

metacognizant

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:17 am
My husband has NVLD. I love him to the moon and back. But when I buy parmesan cheese by the block to use in a nice recipe he just cannot keep away. There is no changing him. I put it in a black shopping bag in the back of the vegetable crisper drawer in the fridge. Please don't tell him.

PS Hugs, OP. You are a great mom. I hope you had an easy fast.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 5:59 am
My ex husband has Asperger's and ADHD. He also has a sweet tooth.

He was always hiding cakes, cookies, and candy, usually under his desk. Sometimes he would find the boxes empty, and blame DD for eating them all, when she doesn't even like sweets. She prefers salty snacks like potato chips.

Sometimes my dogs would get into his room and eat his stash, and then throw up all over the living room. He'd be furious at the dogs, even though I'd told him 100 times to keep the door to his office closed. In one breath he'd insist that the door was closed, that there was no candy in there ever, and that my dogs have eaten it. If I tried to point out that that made no sense, he'd double down and get even more angry.

You can't expect logic with people who have none.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:03 am
My son at first denied it.
But after a talk, he fessed up.
He felt terrible. He has logic FF. He knew he shouldn’t have, but as he said , he was sooooo hungry. He did though deny the eating of the chocolate cake, repeatedly admitting the brownies & one peice of left over snitzel (surprise for me!) but not the chocolate cake.
I didn’t press it, although I couldn’t find it in the fridge.
Well, shame on ME, b/c I did find it after the fast on a chair in the dining room.
I didn’t put it away after we ate on shelosh seudas embarrassed embarrassed

My turn to apologize to him ! Which I did.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note