Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
15-year-old calling Home almost every day from camp

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:29 am
My 15-year-old calls home from camp almost every day he sounds happy and he’s happy to tell me all of the experiences I’m just wondering if this is normal? It’s my first time sending so I have no clue what’s normal And I was previously told not to expect more than once a week

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:31 am
If normal means common, who cares? This does not sound concerning.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:31 am
My sister was telling me that my nephew seems to enjoy calling home often as well. And he's a very normal kid (14).

I think if he sounds happy and positive...maybe he has a great relationship with you and enjoys continuing that in camp, by letting you know how he's doing, what he's doing, etc....which may be what he's used to when he's home.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:35 am
Some kids call every day, some every other week.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:36 am
I used to call every day. I just liked telling my mom about my day and hearing her voice.

keym

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:37 am
My 15 year old is doing the same thing.
Everyday for a minute or two. To ask a question, to let me know about something.
I think it's ok.
He wants the connection.
Usually, he'll talk to me for an hour a night about his day.

My 13 year old son called Erev Shabbos for 10 seconds and after the fast to tell me that he's ok.
Again normal.

I think it's ok to let the kids do what feels comfortable. There's a huge range of "normal".

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:37 am
Chayalle wrote:
My sister was telling me that my nephew seems to enjoy calling home often as well. And he's a very normal kid (14).

I think if he sounds happy and positive...maybe he has a great relationship with you and enjoys continuing that in camp, by letting you know how he's doing, what he's doing, etc....which may be what he's used to when he's home.

Tysm this resonates

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:20 am
My kids call me all the time. To ask the weather forecast, to let me know that a pants ripped, or to tell me how they pranked their sibling in camp.

I love talking to them. They are in Yeshiva all day and go to camp in the summer. I love talking to them

It's challenging when they call 3 times inn5 minutes and I'm in a meeting. I'll pick up thinking it's an emergency. Or they will call in middle of the night and let me know that they just wanted to leave a message (my phone one on do not disturb, but I set it so my kids can call me all the time)

I wouldn't trade their calls for anything, but I wish that they would limit the calls somewhat.

clarity1

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:24 am
its a type of kid. if he sounds happy, its totally fine
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children