Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Any communities in Washington besides Seattle?
Previous  1  2

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:47 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I used to live in Seattle, and DD still keeps in touch with many of the girls she grew up with. Girls with good, frum homes.

She told me the other day that about half of them are using they/them pronouns, several are going by male names, and three of them are transitioning. She says that their families and the Jewish community are very accepting of the girls. (She doesn't know what/how the boys are doing. I assume it's probably the same for them.)

On the other hand, DD is dating a wonderful boy who doesn't believe in relations before marriage. They've been going to church together for 4 months now.

Pick your poison, I guess. Sad

Didn't you say before that your daughter is a Noachide and her conversion may not have been valid?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:49 am
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
Didn't you say before that your daughter is a Noachide and her conversion may not have been valid?

I was thinking that.
There is a difference between a Noachide and Christian though.
And another possibly encouraging thought - I hope so, Frantic Frummie - is that if she's living a clean life, respecting herself and others and growing, she'll be in a much better position to find her way back if that's the best thing for her.

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:50 am
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:

Does it matter? Whether or not she is fully Jewish or a Noahide, worshipping a man-god is idolatry.

And I get what FF is saying: being absorbed by the Church is largely an emotional experience. She has a boyfriend AND a community both loving on her. It's easy to lose sight of logic when it comes to the really good feelings she is getting.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:52 am
I have a friend/neighbor/frum who moved with her husband to Bellingham Washington.
There is a Chabad.
And a tiny community.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:09 pm
Interesting, didn't know that Bellingham had anything going on. Do you know how many Jews live there?

doctorima

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interesting, didn't know that Bellingham had anything going on. Do you know how many Jews live there?

Their website says they get a minyan Shabbos morning once a month, doesn't sound too vibrant to me:
https://www.jewishbellingham.c.....e.htm
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating