Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
The newborn stage
Previous  1  2

How was the newborn stage for you?
Always hard  
 32%  [ 51 ]
Only hard with the first  
 6%  [ 10 ]
Some babies were harder than others  
 50%  [ 79 ]
Always easy  
 11%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 158

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 3:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He'll be 2 months in a couple of days.
I've been to the doctor so many times. I've given him mylicon, went to a lactation consultant, eliminated dairy from my diet, and now just started reflux meds..
What does a pediatric chiro do?

Hes only 2 months and youre thinking of having another baby?
please enjoy your newborn. im enjoying my 18 month old everyday, but we will be TTC soon

pediatric chiropractors help with the nervous system via gentle spinal adjustments... they reduce stress related interference to NS. my daughters pediatricians office has a chiro in addition for well visits. where are you located bc maybe we can help you find one?

it does NOT hurt. they do not crack or pop babies spines like in the movies. its very gentle

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 4:35 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Hes only 2 months and youre thinking of having another baby?
please enjoy your newborn. im enjoying my 18 month old everyday, but we will be TTC soon

pediatric chiropractors help with the nervous system via gentle spinal adjustments... they reduce stress related interference to NS. my daughters pediatricians office has a chiro in addition for well visits. where are you located bc maybe we can help you find one?

it does NOT hurt. they do not crack or pop babies spines like in the movies. its very gentle

No def not thinking of more now! Just saying I can't ever imagine being ready.
I'm trying to enjoy him as much as I can! It just gets overwhelming hearing him scream and cry 24/7. Thanks, yes, I'm in Lakewood

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:57 am
My baby is almost 4 months
He’s a million times easier now than he was at 1 month or two months. I think their digestive system is so immature when they’re born. Spit up gas reflux constipation but then they do get better. He isn’t on a schedule but he’s more predictable. I don’t let him stay awake more than Two hours. And I try to stretch the eating ti every three hours.

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:58 am
Also to add to above post. I was desperate and trying everything. I even snipped his Tongue tie. Switched formulas. Colic calm. Mylicon. Prune juice.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:21 am
On another note.. how do you go back to work and balance having a newborn? I'm having so much anxiety about sending him to daycare, being able to pump enough milk and being able to keep up with work. How do you do it? I wish maternity leave was longer:(

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
On another note.. how do you go back to work and balance having a newborn? I'm having so much anxiety about sending him to daycare, being able to pump enough milk and being able to keep up with work. How do you do it? I wish maternity leave was longer:(

I didnt get maternity leave I didnt "qualify"- I rushed back to work at 6 weeks, still bleeding and sore..
I had my mother watch my baby until she was 6 months and then sent her to the babysitter. It was really really hard for me. I cried for the first week dropping her to the babysitter, but the morah was nice and sent me a pic everyday. My baby now enjoys going and cries when I pick her up!

I stopped pumping bc I went back to work and they didnt give me a pumping break. Yes I know thats illegal but I work in a yeshiva they can do whatever they want...

Balancing a newborn was hard and challenging. We didnt do CIO and she only started sleeping through the night at 12 months. My dh helped a lot, the house didnt get vacuumed every night, I made easy suppers etc.

We managed bh:)

newinbp

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:06 pm
Yes I would try to calm down your inner speech and concern about being ready for a second, try to live in the present a bit more and don't worry about that now. Even if you got pregnant this second you would still have 9 months iyh to get ready for that second child and your baby would be older then..
Like everyone said above, there are a lot of challenges being a new mom BH. Talk to Hashem and utilize every support or form of help available to you whether it be disposable pans or husband helping, etc. Find out if you can extend your maternity leave or do your research on the daycares available so you can find an option you are comfortable with. Best of all try not to compare, because it never ends well. Meaning if you decide to send to daycare, just do and don't pit yourself against someone else's ideal of "I watch my baby all day and don't send to daycare" type just do you and do it the best you can Smile hatzlacha!

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 8:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I started pumping 2 weeks before I went back to work. I did a pumping session every evening, it was like adding a feeding, as if my baby had a growth spurt and I froze the milk. Then at work I pumped every few hours and kept up that one pumping session a night. That way I slowly built up a little freezer stash for those days that I didn't have a good pumping session or was rushing or whatever else and it really eased the pressure of needing to get enough every day.
I read some helpful articles with pumping tips (like get a pumping bra, put all the parts in the fridge between sessions so you don't need to wash them, etc) and I did whatever I could to make pumping easier for me. I usually made it without giving formula at all til about 10 months old then slowly phased out pumping and did formula instead but nursed when I was home. Start slow, take it a day at a time and you'll play it by ear.

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:49 pm
The newborn stage is always difficult and usually throws things for a loop, but it passes and is worth it!

Some babies are easier than others. My babies are all colicky but I see other babies who just go to sleep and don't cry a lot and do sleep a lot. Not mine. I tell myself 'gam zeh yaavor" and lower my expectations of household maintenance and take whatver \shortcuts I can.

Going back to work is hard, I am also going back soon and it's a struggle to juggle everything. very nervous about leaving my baby at the babysitter for a few hours...

as far as pumping, I always try to have an extra stash in the freezer so if some days I pump a little less, I can fall back on that. The way I do that is from early on (it's not too late to start now), to pump whenever I have extra (usually mornings). Even though my baby nurses a lot at night, the body usually produces more in the mornings, so sometimes I can feed him on one side and pump on the other. sometimes I have even pumped in the middle of the night, in between feedings. feel free to ask more specific questions, I am a seasoned nursing and pumping mother!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics