Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Would you send to this camp?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:03 pm
I’m having an argument with a friend.
Would you send to a camp that the cabins don’t have closets or bathrooms but each circle had beautiful new communal bathrooms which have 20 showers, 20 toilets and 20 sinks with mirrors.
Also, there’s no pool but the camp grounds are surrounded with a gorgeous lake and insane water activities such as tubing, banana boating, speed boats huge inflatables some sections in the lake are closed off for swimming only etc.

She claims no one would send to such a camp. People want a “normal” camp with proper cabins and a proper pool. I think it’s all about the activities and atmosphere and if you offer so many other exciting activities, including mud pits, gaga pits, water slides, foam pits, zip lining etc etc people don’t care…

So, who is right in this argument?

Bleemee

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:04 pm
No closets at all? How does that work?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:07 pm
Bleemee wrote:
No closets at all? How does that work?

Big trunks under the beds.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:07 pm
My girls wouldn't like bathhouses and wouldn't like to swim in a lake, so I wouldn't.

Keep in mind that the camp I went to has A/C these days which my daughter enjoys and doesn't understand how we did differently years ago.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:09 pm
If your kids are OK with it, why not?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
My girls wouldn't like bathhouses and wouldn't like to swim in a lake, so I wouldn't.

Keep in mind that the camp I went to has A/C these days which my daughter enjoys and doesn't understand how we did differently years ago.

The cabins have a/c

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:11 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
If your kids are OK with it, why not?

It’s a discussion. I’m curious to see if I’m the only crazy one to send to such a camp

Bleemee

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:12 pm
I think if it becomes a popular camp the kids will mostly make do besides for the ones who are particularly averse to this setup.

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:14 pm
We had portable showers and it was disgusting.
If I could send elsewhere I would.

#BestBubby

Your child would have to be OK going out at night to the bathroom.

Hope there aren't any skunks or raccoons around.

amother
Steel

If my kid wanted to go and I had the money, I would. It’s mainly up to the kids.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:15 pm
I think this would appeal to some people. Personally I sent to traditional camps

watergirl

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:44 pm
I’m 41. My overnight camp was like this. No bathrooms in our bunk, a few shelves each but no closets. For SURE no AC and no fan in the cabin. We had a very small pool because the lake was leech infested. No water activities.

We had the time of our lives.

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:54 pm
Lots of people went to sternberg pioneered with no bathrooms or showers in the bunkhouse. And no ac either. Not sure if its still like this...

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:54 pm
watergirl wrote:
I’m 41. My overnight camp was like this. No bathrooms in our bunk, a few shelves each but no closets. For SURE no AC and no fan in the cabin. We had a very small pool because the lake was leech infested. No water activities.

We had the time of our lives.

I’m 56. We each had three shelves. No AC. No fans. One shower in the bunk for ten girls. A lake, no pool. Canoes and rowboats and camp outs and s’mores. Best friend was met at camp when I was ten. It was awesome. Awesome.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:55 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
Lots of people went to sternberg pioneered with no bathrooms or showers in the bunkhouse. And no ac either. Not sure if its still like this...

It's advertised as an outdoor experience so those that are interested apply knowing what they're in for.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:56 pm
Sounds similar to sternberg and agudah toronto, which are both popular camps. I'm 34 and have been to both and loved camp. The shower situation wasn't ideal, but I made it work. I loved lake activities.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:57 pm
There are all different kinds of camps for all different preferences. No one is "right."

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:06 pm
Ooohhhh!!! I wish I went to such a camp!!!
Sounds super cool!!!

I guess it depends on everyone individually...

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:11 pm
My DDs are 18 and 21. They didn’t have AC in the bunk. I most certainly didn’t have AC. My camp didn’t have a pool. We swam in the lake. My kids had a pool, but they also had jet skis, water slides….and went in the lake, happily, for those activities. The no toilet in the bunk seems weird, but if their friends were going, why not?
Also kids love having something to complain about. It’s a bonding topic.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps