Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Couples summer Vacation Spot

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:11 pm
Does this exist?

A summer vacation location to go with hubby within 4 hour flight of US with a 4/5 star oceanfront hotel. Don't need kosher food, will bring our own.

Excluding crazy hot and humid places like Mexico/Florida

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:19 pm
Smoky mountains in Tennessee

doctorima

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:33 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
Smoky mountains in Tennessee

Not aware of any oceanfront hotels in TN. OP, you don't even need to fly. There are high-end places in Cape Cod, the Hamptons, and Newport, which should be much cooler than FL. There are stunning rentals in Sandbridge near VA Beach, but I don't know about luxury hotels there. San Diego is also a great option, though the flight is a bit longer than you requested.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:37 pm
The Wave in West Long Branch.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:11 pm
I just went glamping on Governors Island and it was an exactly 7 minute travel time from Manhattan. We had a great time but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it unless you are okay “roughing it” because it’s really tents and there are bugs and only cold water.

You don’t need to fly for 4 hours. If you can afford it there is Mohonk Mountain House 2 hours away and the Sagamore Hotel in Lake George which is around 3 1/2 hours away. Those are both old lovely hotels/resorts but again you might need to put up with some dated rooms. They both should have cooler weather than the city.

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:33 pm
There are nice hotels in Myrtle Beach, but I think it's also hot there.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:46 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I just went glamping on Governors Island and it was an exactly 7 minute travel time from Manhattan. We had a great time but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it unless you are okay “roughing it” because it’s really tents and there are bugs and only cold water.

You don’t need to fly for 4 hours. If you can afford it there is Mohonk Mountain House 2 hours away and the Sagamore Hotel in Lake George which is around 3 1/2 hours away. Those are both old lovely hotels/resorts but again you might need to put up with some dated rooms. They both should have cooler weather than the city.

Lol this is definitely NOT 4/5 star...and much as I love Governors Island, it's definitely NOT ocean front.

Some options:

Virginia Beach, South Carolina, jersey shore (multiple places), cape cod, finger lakes

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:12 pm
Thank you! Keep them comimg...we would even do Carribean type of island that's not rainy/crazy humid. Any more ideas?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:50 pm
Mount Tremblant near Montreal, not oceanfront but Gorgeous. You need to be vaccinated to travel to Canada I think.
Aspen Colorado
Vancouver (also Canada), 5 hrs flight

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Aug 12 2022, 1:07 pm
There are several excellent 4/5 star hotels along coast of Big Sur, California, as well as the southern/central coast of Oregon. I'd start there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics