Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Landlord class

GLUE

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 12:32 pm
After the housing meltdown in 2007-08, there was those who sow money to be made.
Buy up foreclose property and rent them out. As the years went on many of these Co. merged with each other becoming massive.

These Co. also started to buy houses that were on the market for sale, and also build suburban developments not to sell but to rent out.

Right now in the U.S. about one in six houses are brought by investors with areas like Houston and Nashville even greater.

Is the U.S. heading for a creation of a landlord class?
Were most of the homes in this country are owned by a small group of people?
Is the next generation going to be able to own there own home?

tweety1

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 12:53 pm
GLUE wrote:
After the housing meltdown in 2007-08, there was those who sow money to be made.
Buy up foreclose property and rent them out. As the years went on many of these Co. merged with each other becoming massive.

These Co. also started to buy houses that were on the market for sale, and also build suburban developments not to sell but to rent out.

Right now in the U.S. about one in six houses are brought by investors with areas like Houston and Nashville even greater.

Is the U.S. heading for a creation of a landlord class?
Were most of the homes in this country are owned by a small group of people?
Is the next generation going to be able to own there own home?

Really depends which state. In NY for example in another little bit it won't even pay to own a home unless you don't have tenants. The laws are becoming worse and worse against landlords and all for the tenants. In NY the landlords are loosing every single bit of rights. It's like the tenants own the landlords. Nutty situation.

GLUE

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:55 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Really depends which state. In NY for example in another little bit it won't even pay to own a home unless you don't have tenants. The laws are becoming worse and worse against landlords and all for the tenants. In NY the landlords are loosing every single bit of rights. It's like the tenants own the landlords. Nutty situation.

Are the laws getting so bad that people are going to start burning down their buildings like in the 60's and 70's?

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:22 am
GLUE wrote:
Are the laws getting so bad that people are going to start burning down their buildings like in the 60's and 70's?

I’m a NYC landlord. I’m not burning my bldgs because there’s always hope... but I can tell you that landlords are being persecuted by our government. Our politicians are real criminals. Senseless laws, extremely biased courts, a horrific mindset that landlords are somehow responsible for the poor, and a free reign to do whatever they want.

Monsey

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 6:28 pm
A lawyer once told me “ having your name on the deed doesn’t mean you own the property, just that you have the privilege to serve the tenant “
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics